Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: HEXMAG 10 round 30 round body... Prohibited Please read....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Again, can someone explain how an AR 15 pistol carbine is a pistol here in Canada?
    CSSA and CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    IRUNGUNS - You may wish to contact Barton's Big Country directly, there was a 10 page Facebook post on this upon their release on November 9th 2017, with claims the retailer was directly involved with the importation of these magazines as 100% legal.

As I purchased legally in good faith based of the statements of this legitimate licensed Canadian business, should I be charged with any prohibited items offence, Barton's Big Country will certainly be sued by myself for all my legal bills.

I Facebook messaged Bartons and asked if they heard anything but they haven't messaged me back yet. I bought a couple as soon as I stumbled upon them and just a few minutes later found a thread on here that said they were questionable. I wonder if they are still 100% sure ...

This is just getting silly.
    You can use a rifle as a doorjamb or paperweight, but that's not what it's designed for. It's not what the rifle, in its soul, longs to do.

Quote Originally Posted by nonrandomhero View Post
    Criminals wouldn’t buy a hex mag, they’d buy any other AR mag and pop the rivet out.
    NOoooo, you didnt...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Doesnt help that the packaging has an AR15 icon, "AR15, M4, M16" written all over it.

That's piss poor planning to advertise these as pistol mags with ^ on the packaging.

A real easy way to solve all the mag issues is to limit EVERYTHING to 10rds for centerfire.... and leave god damned rimfire alone ffs!
    Last edited by tharkhold; 01-22-2018 at 09:56 PM.
    'nada

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 07:35 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    Seems to me you had a spelling error ^^^ there I fixed it for you ^^^
    Well, obviously we want natural mag capacities.. but that will never happen. I used the "compromise" approach
    'nada

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    We can dislike the law, but be smart please.
    Attachment 146302
    Until the RCMP officially communicates this prohibition to Canadians via bulletin or a change to the Firearms Act then these devices are not prohibited. All we have now is the word of a (reputable) merchant.

Quote Originally Posted by acidboogie View Post
    Until the RCMP officially communicates this prohibition to Canadians via bulletin or a change to the Firearms Act then these devices are not prohibited. All we have now is the word of a (reputable) merchant.
    This is what i dont get. How do they expect firearm owners to know what is and isnt if they dont even bother to mail this possible life changing information. If it wasnt for this forum i wouldnt know half the crap. Majority of RPal users probably dont come on here. Ignorance of the law is not a good defence i agree but me thinks if the information is not easily accessible or distributed then lawers shouldnt have a problem getting charges dropped. PITA.