Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: HEXMAG 10 round 30 round body... Prohibited Please read....

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    I never said it was on Barton's Big Country's Facebook page.

The link to the webpage was shared by Mike James on Thursday November 9th to the official CCFR Facebook page which sparked a lot of interest and a nearly 10 page discussion.

Helene Thomas on behalf of Barton's Big Country was replying to David Josselyn's comments (the honourable CGN Member djosselyn311) posted questioning the legality of these magazines.

Perhaps David can provide a full transcript if he was emailed every time someone replied to a Facebook comment of his?
    I'm sorry, I clearly misunderstood. Thank you for clarifying.

Barton's Big Country on Facebook Post November 9th 2017

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jd1965 View Post
    Once again, you are quite incorrect. The 10/22 mags were originally designed and manufactured in 1964 for use in a rimfire rifle.

In 2007, Ruger took that magazine (as well as the 10/22 action) and designed a pistol around it.

How the Mounted Police is able to suggest the 10/22 mags to be {even remotely} "inherently designed" or "dual purpose" for both rifle and pistol is beyond insane.
    To do so would require a time capsule!

IGNORE THE NONSENSE with respect to the rimfire mags.

PAY ATTENTION to the ruling coming down the pipe on these HEXMAGS.
    Have to quote again since you didnt bother to read that I am indeed correct. The rifle built in 64 is called a Ruger 10/22.

The 10/22 is a rifle, the charger mags were designed for that rifle. Therefore, they are not to be tampered with. Rivets aside, I didn't know of the metal difference.

Nobody is going to listen to the laws if one is completely wrong (10/22) and the other is right (AR pistol). They are all wrong if they aren't all right
    This!!!^^^^ Don't forget it, we can't have some stupid rules and others to be abided by with vigour.

Please put the reading glasses on this time. Thank you

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 07:32 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    Really its confusing as the manufacturer never once mentions pistol anywhere... only rifles:...
    Except on the packaging...Oh and on the magazine itself as well.

I don’t own any of these magazine and have no dog in this fight. I just wonder how it is that when you (and a few others) see the words pistol carbine you are so sure this means simply carbine, like the word pistol is not even there.

Maybe, just maybe, the manufacturer used the term pistol carbine to describe a pistol that shoots carbine ammunition? Why should the rcmp have all of the fun making up new terms to suit their goals? <cough>dual purpose<cough>

Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    Except on the packaging...Oh and on the magazine itself as well.

I don’t own any of these magazine and have no dog in this fight. I just wonder how it is that when you (and a few others) see the words pistol carbine you are so sure this means simply carbine, like the word pistol is not even there.

Maybe, just maybe, the manufacturer used the term pistol carbine to describe a pistol that shoots carbine ammunition? Why should the rcmp have all of the fun making up new terms to suit their goals? <cough>dual purpose<cough>
    Ok... what pistol commonly available in Canada is this magazine designed for? The packaging AND website clearly indicates a serues of rifles... but not ONE pistol. I know of many pistol carbines that are rifles... not one thats a pistol. These mags HAVE to be specifically designed and manufactured for the LAR15 pistol ONLY for it to be allowed to rounds.
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Good try, but 556 is an intermediate rifle caliber, regardless of what type of firearm is built to fire it.
    Of course 556 is an intermediate rifle caliber. It is not a pistol caliber and as such you can see the flaw in paul1982’s definition of what a pistol carbine is.

Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    Of course 556 is an intermediate rifle caliber. It is not a pistol caliber and as such you can see the flaw in paul1982’s definition of what a pistol carbine is.
    Right or wrong on the definition these are still rifle mags.
    CSSA and CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    Sorry Paul... lol I'm not picking on you I swear... lol you seem like a really nice guy.

However, unfortunately you are confusing these with the California Compliant version of this magazine, these are much different as they were specifically designed to function in Pistol Carbines alone.

They have different markings, separate packaging and were specifically made for the Canadian market... they are a totally different SKU than those other California compliant 10 round RIFLE magazines... ours even have a the brilliant maple leaf on the package to further differentiate them from those rifle mags.

They are not on the US website because Barton's Big Country is the sole distributing retailer for these Canadian Pistol Carbine magazines.

Your honour, the defence rests.
    Paul, these ARE the Cali Compliant mags, with {incorrect} markings and Canada-specific poly bag.

The mag itself was originally designed and manufactured as a rifle mag.

Its markings do NOT comply with the 2008 ruling w/r/t LAR Pistol mags...and the capacity limiting device does NOT comply with Regulation SOR/98-462.

Please, choose a different hill on which to die.

You can make any ar-15 a pistol no? M4, ar-15,m16, you could slap a pistol buffer on any of those and call them a pistol. One might even say a "pistol carbine" .