Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 414161718192021222324252627282930313234 ... LastLast

Thread: HEXMAG 10 round 30 round body... Prohibited Please read....

All this could be solved with a mass petition to change mag limits to 10-15 rounds, provided we get a conservative government in who might listen to a petition. (i know i'm in my own dream land)

10 rounds in all semi auto firearms no matter what they are seems quite reasonable. I'd love 10 shots as designed with my SKS and SVT

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jd1965 View Post
    The magazine in question {IE: S&W} was originally designed and manufactured for use in BOTH a center-fire, semi-automatic rifle AND a pistol.

Accordingly, it must therefore be restricted to 5-rds.

On another of your points, anyone who owns a 10/22 mag has NOTHING to prove with respect to when it was originally designed and manufactured -- that rests w/ the Crown.

"produced and purchased"? Nothing in the regs speaks to when an item was purchased...or how it was packaged; or labeled; or marketed...
    I assume people were referring to the S&W MP15-22 rimfire rifle/pistol which had a lot of magazines floating around the country before the pistol was introduced/known about, that had to be either repinned, replaced, or destroyed.

The S&W MP15-22 pistol doesn't seem to be "commonly available" either 5 register pistols don't seem like a lot, unless commonly available means it is currently being produced.

Which might open up another line of questioning, if S&W stopped making MP15-22 "pistols" are they no longer commonly available?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tactical870 View Post
    There's a ton of wrong info in here. A pistol carbine is a pistol. These mags were purpose built by Hexmag for Bartons. They are a different mold and this specific body is NOT used for any rifle magazine which is built by Hexmag. I asked a lot of questions back when they talked about importing them, and am satisfied that they are legal as per the law. Never mind the fact that RCMP initially approved them. I am sure Barton's has more to lose here than anyone. Lets not crucify them. I don't recall any of you wanting to sue anyone when the 858 and Swiss Arms got prohibed.
    How so? From my perspective it's a made up term. Show me examples of this term being used within the Firearms industry.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    Quote Originally Posted by jd1965 View Post
    The magazine in question {IE: S&W} was originally designed and manufactured for use in BOTH a center-fire, semi-automatic rifle AND a pistol.

Accordingly, it must therefore be restricted to 5-rds.

On another of your points, anyone who owns a 10/22 mag has NOTHING to prove with respect to when it was originally designed and manufactured -- that rests w/ the Crown.

"produced and purchased"? Nothing in the regs speaks to when an item was purchased...or how it was packaged; or labeled; or marketed...
    The Smith mags in question were for a rimfire rifle. Some time later Smith introduced the pistol; which as far as I am aware, has been discontinued.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

Why according to Barton's is the lab saying they had no knowledge of this product when Barton's says they were working closely with the rcmp to get these approved before. Reduction of mag capacity must be permanent according to the law (it specifies riveting is ok) so how can these be legal of the mag block can be removed even if it ends up being kosher and actually a pistol mag

Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    Where and when exactly was this additional claim from Barton;s Big Country posted?

Funny how the very person I randomly quoted as asking a question on a random CCFR Facebook link from a post from 3 months ago turns out to be the legendary Honourable CGN member djosselyn311
    It was the same post on the CCFR Facebook page that we were discussing earlier. There was a comment where a gentleman pointed out that the spacer looked completely removable without tools, That was one of the 17 replies.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    How so? From my perspective it's a made up term. Show me examples of this term being used within the Firearms industry.

The Merriam-Webster defines pistol carbine as a pistol, no mention of rifle

Definition of pistol carbine

: a pistol that has a removable butt piece and is therefore capable of being used as a pistol or as a carbine
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CyprusTM View Post
    All this could be solved with a mass petition to change mag limits to 10-15 rounds, provided we get a conservative government in who might listen to a petition. (i know i'm in my own dream land)
    No, then someone makes a legal 12 round beowulf mag, that would hold 30 .223.

And a petition would be disregarded, like the suppressor and ar15 ones.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Agreed, petitions don't do anything here, the supressor and AR15 petitions were both kyboshed
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer