Page 1 of 36 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: HEXMAG 10 round 30 round body... Prohibited Please read....

HEXMAG 10 round 30 round body... Prohibited Please read....

We were advised by the Lab last week that the HEXMAG 10/30 pistol mags are prohibited in a 10 round capacity, they must be restricted to 5 rounds. The reasoning behind this is that the tube body is designed to hold a higher capacity then 10 rounds even though it has been restricted. Please do not buy these off our site as they will be restricted to 5 rounds.

If anyone has any verified information that contradicts this please private message us and we will reach back out to the lab.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    I hate to say it, but I knew this was the case.
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

The body cannot hold more than 10 rounds - from my understanding, these magazines are originally designed to be California compliant. The capacity is restricted by a "reducer" or spacer which is essentially an internal floor plate that rises up to 10 rounds. The spring is also only good to supply tension for 10 rounds. Even if you were to remove the reducer from the magazine, the spring will not be able to feed any thing because it has been shortened for 10 rounds only.

Bartons big country is selling these in massive quantities - they even say "pistol" on the side of the magazine. The CCFR has been handing them out as prizes.

Yes. but those components can be replaced and then you have a 30 round magazine. The tube can not be designed to hold more then 10 rounds, a 30 round tube regardless of how you restrict the capacity is a 30 round tube.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwaggernaught View Post
    The body cannot hold more than 10 rounds - from my understanding, these magazines are originally designed to be California compliant. The capacity is restricted by a "reducer" or spacer which is essentially an internal floor plate that rises up to 10 rounds. The spring is also only good to supply tension for 10 rounds. Even if you were to remove the reducer from the magazine, the spring will not be able to feed any thing because it has been shortened for 10 rounds only.

Bartons big country is selling these in massive quantities - they even say "pistol" on the side of the magazine. The CCFR has been handing them out as prizes.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Why 5 rounds?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Yes. but those components can be replaced and then you have a 30 round magazine. The tube can not be designed to hold more then 10 rounds, a 30 round tube regardless of how you restrict the capacity is a 30 round tube.
    So pmags are prohibited too by this explanation?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by John Deer View Post
    So pmags are prohibited too by this explanation?
    And every other pinned mag?
    Semper Fi

So how does every other pistol mag make it through 99% of them are built for more than 10 rounds

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hey, it's almost like the secret police are making more laws..... who would have thought???
    Semper Fi

I have a 10/33 glock mag, how is that not prohib then? Sounds like someone at the lab didn't have their morning coffee.

Page 1 of 36 1234567891121 ... LastLast