Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2018: Leupold Mark 5 FFP Rifle Scopes

SHOT Show 2018: Leupold Mark 5 FFP Rifle Scopes

Leupold has introduced a new line of tactical riflescopes with the first two entries into their Mark 5 line. These are the 3.6-18x44mm and the 5-25x56mm. Both feature a 35mm tube and new M5C3 turrets with ZeroLock adjustments and 3 turns on the dial at 10 mils per turn.

Available reticle are the TMR, H-59, TReMoR3, and the new CCH (Combat, Competition, Hunting) reticle. Unfortunatley, Leupold does not have any high resolution images of this reticle and my efforts to photograph it were not successful. I can best describe it as having an H-59 like structure, with a fine pattern that more resembles the Kahles AMR reticle with odd 1/4 mil hash marks. Yes, you read that correctly; 1/4 mil hash marks. The Leupold rep told me that this was their attempt to try and make mils more friendly to MOA shooters.

Name:  IMG_0342.jpg
Views: 1634
Size:  75.8 KB
    5-25x56mm

Name:  IMG_0379.jpg
Views: 1638
Size:  102.4 KB
    3.6-18x44mm

Name:  cch-reticle_360x360.png
Views: 1631
Size:  17.5 KB
    CCH Reticle
    Last edited by kombayotch; 01-23-2018 at 10:20 PM.

CGN Regular
    Dose not sound too promising not many quality scopes with a 35mm tube, and the 1/4 mil hashes seem super gimmicky, if they want to step it up get to the 40mm ior tube size and make sure it tracks perfect, after your premier arrives i may sell my 5x25 sb and try a 4-28 ior.

CGN Regular
    CCH looks horrible. At least there are other options. Any idea of $$$ ?

35MM tube? I'm out
    A bunch of idiots standing in line together against you doesn't change the fact that they are all idiots...

Quote Originally Posted by itsakeeper View Post
    CCH looks horrible. At least there are other options. Any idea of $$$ ?
    Around $2100 US

CGN frequent flyer
    I like the H59 reticle so to me it seems to be OK, I bit weird on the CCH reticle with the .25 marks though.

There are enough 35MM ring options that I don't see that being the problem. I think Spuhr makes both 35MM and 36MM mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.M.Anderson View Post
    I like the H59 reticle so to me it seems to be OK, I bit weird on the CCH reticle with the .25 marks though.

There are enough 35MM ring options that I don't see that being the problem. I think Spuhr makes both 35MM and 36MM mounts.
    for me, it's not about having "enough" choices, it's about stardarizing where possible on kit.... I like 34 MM tubes, as I upgrade, spare rings or mounts become available. it gives me flexibility in my rigs. having one off-shoot in 35 mm means that if something happens to that rig, I have less flexibility to get it up and running.
    A bunch of idiots standing in line together against you doesn't change the fact that they are all idiots...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hutchster's Avatar
    That 3.6-18x44 sure looks compact for the power range it has

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang979 View Post
    for me, it's not about having "enough" choices, it's about stardarizing where possible on kit.... I like 34 MM tubes, as I upgrade, spare rings or mounts become available. it gives me flexibility in my rigs. having one off-shoot in 35 mm means that if something happens to that rig, I have less flexibility to get it up and running.
    I get that, I went through a bunch of horse trading to get 2 S&B 5-25s with H59s just to standardize my guns as much as possible.

I am not saying you did this but there is a big trend nowadays where every craps all over new products before they are even out yet. If you don't like the CCH reticle fine, get the TMR or H59. This scope could be super awesome or it could not be. All we know so far is that it has a 35MM tube and has a weird reticle option.

If it is a decent price, tracks well, and has good glass I can see it being a good buy.

Very cluttered reticle imo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast