Thread: SHOT Show 2018: Caracal Enchaned F and Archon Type B pistols

SHOT Show 2018: Caracal Enchaned F and Archon Type B pistols

Both pistols have a similar feel in that they sit low in the hand, similar to the Arsenal Strike One. The standard models are offered with 4" barrels, but both companies have models with threaded barrels that meet the Canadian minimum length requirements. Neither company had the threaded versions at the range though.

Caracal Enhanced F

The Enhanced F is offered with two sight options: regular sights and the Quick Sight System, which places the rear sight forward of the ejector port. I found this gimmicky at first, but I have to admit that I found it much quicker to get a sight picture with it. That was a bit of a surprise. The trigger left a lot to be desired though. The reset was rather long and there was a pretty heavy and audible click when it did reset.

Name:  IMG_0357.jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  139.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0359.jpg
Views: 1197
Size:  98.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0360.jpg
Size:  106.8 KB
    Quick Sight System

Name:  IMG_0361.jpg
Size:  123.2 KB

Archon Type B

In spite of it's blocky appearance, this pistol handled extremely well. The rep stated that their goal was to provide users with a pistol that was ready-to-go right out of the box, that did not required all of the after market upgrades (sights, controls, etc...) that are common with other strike-fired pistols. I think they were rather successful as I can honestly say that the only other striker-fired pistol I enjoyed shooting more than it today was the Walther Q5 Match. It was really a pleasure to shoot.

Name:  IMG_0394.jpg
Views: 1194
Size:  92.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0395.jpg
Views: 1194
Size:  104.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0396.jpg
Views: 1189
Size:  85.7 KB

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scarecrow's Avatar
    No AR and sniper rifle at the show? This company has Canadian potential.
    http://www.caracal.ae/
    Order in council, for when politicians want to order people instead of being ordered by the people.

Should police follow the law or should law follow the police?

Supporting Dealer
    Arsenal Firearms Stryk B and Archon Type B are the same product manufactured by the same company. It was re-branded to Archon for USA market. In Canada (and Europe) it will be under the name "Arsenal Firearms Stryk B" at least for the near future.
    Both Stryk B and Type B standard barrel length is 110mm.