Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2018: Ruger PC-9 and Rimfire Precision

Here in Canada we can't legally wander the outdoors with pistols, we could use a 18.5" barrel PC-10 that can handle the stoutest 10mm loads!
    PRACTICE, so there'll only be a Singleshotneeded! :-)

Bigger than 45 acp such as 10mm, 357, 44, .22 would be interesting. 9mm, .45, meh lots to choose from, over saturated so you can go high or low. . Magnums you can use vs critters so more practical IMO. .30 carbine is nothing to turn your nose up to as well.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Super GunNutz
    How about a child of the precision RF and CF? Use those lovely carbine mag wells, and build a NR bolt action that uses mags we already own. 10mm would be nice, but I'd buy a 9mm. Say a 14" barrel that is still legal when the stock is collapsed...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    Sorry to burst any ones bubble but it is a blow back action so unless the bolt is made of some crazy heavy super metal or the action/bolt size is increased this action cannot handle the pressures of 10mm/44mag cartridges.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

I think it has an adjustable weighted bolt. I want to say Tungsten but don't quote me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by GijinsBS View Post
    I think it has an adjustable weighted bolt. I want to say Tungsten but don't quote me.
    Reviews I read said tungsten.

I got chance to handle this one at SHOT. I asked about other potential mag inserts & was told that they couldn't comment as Ruger is a publically traded company & they don't want to start unconfirmed rumours. Generally a favourable first impression. I was told they use the 10/22 trigger group and when dry firing it certainly felt like a stock 10/22 trigger. If this is true that's good news as it means that the many reasonably priced 10/22 trigger groups will fit it and greatly improve the trigger pull.

Not thrilled with the stock. It uses stock spacers so LOP can be adjusted but the standard synthetic stock felt slippery in places and has grips swells on both sides that weren't particularly comfortable.

I also read that the guns made for 10 round mag limit states don't have threaded barrels. When (if) they make a non-restricted Canadian barrel version I hope they thread it.

Bottom line is this. MSRP in the US is around $600 which means once the initial demand is met they should sell in the sub $500 range. If the Canadian version can stay at or below $800 (which would about right with exchange, etc.) they should sell a crap load of these up here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    Sorry to burst any ones bubble but it is a blow back action so unless the bolt is made of some crazy heavy super metal or the action/bolt size is increased this action cannot handle the pressures of 10mm/44mag cartridges.
    I guess we will see about that, Thureon Defense and TNW both sell 10mm blowback carbines.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

10mm is within the realm of possibility, however I don't think .44 is. Ruger made their model 44 which was a gas operated 10/22 scaled up for .44 rem. mag. So I don't think it would he possible with a direct blow back system, at least not without a massive, heavy bolt.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Eh, if anyone plans to sell a restricted PC9 up here it had best come in cheap enough to make Hi Point a no point
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Eh, if anyone plans to sell a restricted PC9 up here it had best come in cheap enough to make Hi Point a no point
    How much is a high point up here?
    I can't imagine the PC-9's not selling like hotcakes at around $800Cdn.
    I also imagine most would choose the Ruger over the Hi-point unless the high point was much cheaper.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast