Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2018: Ruger PC-9 and Rimfire Precision

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    I guess we will see about that, Thureon Defense and TNW both sell 10mm blowback carbines.
    and from what I hear both are not all that reliable when chambered in 10mm.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    and from what I hear both are not all that reliable when chambered in 10mm.
    TNW's aren't always reliable in 9mm either so I'm not sure 10mm is the issue with them.
    I haven't heard much negative with the Thureon Defense 10mm's though..... Have you?

I also get the feeling that the " custom tungsten dead blow weight" Ruger is using in their recoil spring/bolt system might be an advantage, but it's all theoretical at this point.....

I'm hopeful.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

I'm a 10mm nut since 1988 I'd buy a Ruger in 10mm if it came out non-restricted.

I passed on the other 10mm semi-auto carbines because I was told by those that owned them not to buy dueo to issues they were having with theirs.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

speaking of Ruger and 10mm, they did release the Super Redhawk revolver in that caliber...no i did not get pics...nor did i try it (saw it on the table at range day)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    I'm a 10mm nut since 1988 I'd buy a Ruger in 10mm if it came out non-restricted.

I passed on the other 10mm semi-auto carbines because I was told by those that owned them not to buy dueo to issues they were having with theirs.
    I remember your fondness from past posts, hopefully Ruger can make it happen!

I have a 10 mm conversion for my TNW but I have not had the time to even try it yet with weak factory loads let alone some of the loads that I think you would be more interested in.....
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    speaking of Ruger and 10mm, they did release the Super Redhawk revolver in that caliber...no i did not get pics...nor did i try it (saw it on the table at range day)
    I have heard of the 10mm SRH can't begin to fathom why they would use that platform it is a huge gun for this small cartridge.

A good fit and one that would tempt me to buy another 10mm handgun would be a 4.25" barreled adjustable sight GP100 or GP101.
    <")))><

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    I remember your fondness from past posts, hopefully Ruger can make it happen!

I have a 10 mm conversion for my TNW but I have not had the time to even try it yet with weak factory loads let alone some of the loads that I think you would be more interested in.....
    I'm shooting my 18" barreled T/C Contender carbine on 10mm right now have a 2x compact Leopold best scope combo I've ever tried on it it's zero'ed dead on at 50 yards with 180 - 200gr XTP/Gold Dots its 3" low at 100 yards plan is to call coyotes and bobcats this winter.

I carry my G29 or Colt Delta Elite mags with me for extra bullets.
    <")))><

Wonder how long it will be to start seeing the restricted model here in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by pc9 View Post
    Wonder how long it will be to start seeing the restricted model here in Canada?
    i dont know but i see that your handle is PC9 and you joined the forum in 2004....clearly you have some wild psychic abilities to have named yourself after a gun coming out 14 years later...can you tell me the winning lottery numbers for this saturday?

RL

Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    i dont know but i see that your handle is PC9 and you joined the forum in 2004....clearly you have some wild psychic abilities to have named yourself after a gun coming out 14 years later...can you tell me the winning lottery numbers for this saturday?

RL
    Lol
    Actually the PC9 Carbine was one of my first restricted rifle purchases back in the day.
    Had to come up with a user name so pc9 it was

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast