SHOT SHOW 2018: Umarex HAMMER 50 cal PCP air rifle

tootall

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Air gun maker Umarex set the new standard for Big bore, high power air rifles with the Hammer.
This aint no BB gun!
The Hammer has over 700 foot lb of bonk! For an airgun, that is huge.
It fires .50 calibre cast lead bullets (These are solid bullets, not hollow base skirted pellets)
A .50 caliber 550 grain lead slug at 760 feet per second and a 250 grain slug at over 1,000 fps.

When I fired it, I was really surprised by the recoil. Actual recoil! I'm not complaining as I like recoil, but it sure caught me by surprise.

It has an internal cylinder to operate it, and that is charged from a larger high pressure cylinder. The ones in the pics about the size of a watermelon are rated at 4500 PSI. These can be filled from a Nitrogen cylinder rented from a welding supply store.

More info here: https://www.umarexusa.com/blogs/airgun-news/the-new-50-caliber-umarex-hammer-is-an-air-rifle

LjLQqQd.jpg

nab5NVy.jpg

xXzFzfv.jpg

ECUm0UW.jpg

K9mDJcF.jpg

VkmTZXz.jpg

Last edited:
Nicer lines than the Texan in my view. Nice price also. I assume that a 45 and 357 will be in the works for next year - either of which would give more projectile options and frugal air use.

At the actual SHOT show (as opposed to Media Day) they had a nice booth display.
They had a collection of animals already taken with the Hammer.
Imagine going up against a hog with an airgun!

The US version comes with a built-in suppressor.
I asked about a non-suppressed version for Canada.
No definite promise, but likely. I have also sent an email to the Umarex Marketing Communications Manager asking the same.
I want to hunt deer on Texada Island with this!

qCWaCl9.jpg

UD0DfPj.jpg

rZtmCcq.jpg

yepmVVX.jpg

Back
Top Bottom