Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW DAR-22 Barrels in at Dlask Arms Corp.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    Has the design in the XB-5 compensator changed? Looks different than the one shown on your website.

Also, that barrel looks amazing!!
    Agreed, the compensator definitely looks different than the one pictured with the barreled action I just purchased, I like this look better.

Also yes that barrel is super cool!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cody c's Avatar
    That stepped fluting looks great.

I can see a lot of folks copying that design in the future.

Any thoughts on making that for other rifles?

These barrels are sort of a one off. We are always playing around with different designs and this is one of Joe's. The XB-5 on this rifle is also a custom part. It is stepped down to .820" like the barrel and the we put 3 ring cuts into the O.D. to add a bit of flair. It was originally on a rifle we took to Nuremberg for the IWA Outdoor show last year, not a stock part.

Glad you guys like it. We also have some other special barrels coming out just after the release of the TUF-22 to go with the precision rifle chassis. They are very nice...
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Perfect...waiting on the release of the TUF-22...Now will have more options to go with...thx DLASK

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    I get asked all the time, "What is better, a 12.5" barrel or the 16.5 ?".

This is always a tough one for me because there are just too many variables involoved with shooting that no one barrel is perfect for all situations. Ergo, I had some free time and made a sample barrel that was a compromise between the two lengths. Introducing our new 14" stepped, fluted and Nitride finished barrels. These start as Green Mountain Barrel Co. stainless steel blanks that we turn down, flute and have Nitrided. Because of the step and fluting we can have a mid-length barrel that is not much more in weight (only 50 grams) than a 12.5" but with more accuracy. At the same time it is not noticeably less accurate than a 16.5" but is more than 200 grams lighter. That's half a pound off the front of your gun !

For now these are only available in the Nitride option but if they are received well by you guys we will also offer this style in a basic blued / matte SS option.

Attachment 146781

Attachment 146783

*Shown with optional XB-5 linear compensator.

Link to the website here :

https://dlaskarms.com/products/dlask...tride-finished
    They look awesome, Any word on the TUFF-22 and Mags?
    Last edited by lacroian; 08-01-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12