Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to PRE-ORDER a TIKKA T1x?

Hopefully they have plans for a 22 magnum

Put my name down for a T1x in .22lr with the 20” barrel.

I’ve been asking around and I guess the folks at Sako / Tikka are on their summer break in Europe and so far the Canadian importer can only say they will arrive by the end of the year. A few posts on Rimfire Central suggest that the Americans are expecting them within the next month and that the hold up on their end was with the ATF.

Who knows if any of that is true.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    I'm waiting for a left hand model

Or at least some range reports, once it's finally out in the wild
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka223 View Post
    Put my name down for a T1x in .22lr with the 20” barrel.

I’ve been asking around and I guess the folks at Sako / Tikka are on their summer break in Europe and so far the Canadian importer can only say they will arrive by the end of the year. A few posts on Rimfire Central suggest that the Americans are expecting them within the next month and that the hold up on their end was with the ATF.

Who knows if any of that is true.
    The ATF rumour was squashed and replaced with Tikka recalling the ones in Finland and doing some tinkering( no rumour what was done) the latest is late August into September.

I spoke with someone at Stoeger today while ordering some parts. They have a T1X sample on hand. The person I spoke with hadn’t given the T1X a detailed inspection but was able to provide the following information:

The first production shipment of T1Xs is going to the USA. The Canadian ones are expected in the fall.

The T1X has the same action footprint as other T3/T3Xs.

The top of the T1X action is quite a bit shorter than a T3/T3X action so it is unlikely T3/T3X optic rails will be compatible.

The trigger group is the same as the T3/T3X.

The bolt handle is likely a different design and may no lt be interchangeable with the T3/T3X. They were not able to confirm this but suspect it may be a screw in design similar to a Sako Quad.
    Last edited by Tikka223; 06-28-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Hey everyone,

I got my 17 hmr from Wolverine this week. Let me know if you have any questions about it, and I'll do my best to answer them!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperOstrich View Post
    Hey everyone,

I got my 17 hmr from Wolverine this week. Let me know if you have any questions about it, and I'll do my best to answer them!
    Pics of the rifle and a range report asap plz

Here is the OneDrive Album. It's dark and I took them on my phone. Might be able to take some better ones tomorrow.

Range report is going to have to wait, as my range is currently under a couple feet of snow (yay Calgary weather.)\

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Av6Nj8E0taLr5lC4PZvEzpXNgeu8

Cant wait till my 22LR version shows up ...can you measure the bolt holes for mounting a scope rail...I bought a 20 moa scope rail for a Tikka 3x and hope it fits .

Thanks
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver2 View Post
    Cant wait till my 22LR version shows up ...can you measure the bolt holes for mounting a scope rail...I bought a 20 moa scope rail for a Tikka 3x and hope it fits .

Thanks
    I too am curious about rail compatibility. I have a spare T3/T3X picatinny rail waiting for the T1X I have on order.