Thread: SHOT Show 2018: E-Dope with Kestrel LiNK interface

SHOT Show 2018: E-Dope with Kestrel LiNK interface

I mentioned this device in the pre-show thread, but for those that are not familiar with it, E-Dope by Downrange Systems is an electronic dope card system that was created by an individual who apparently worked on the LiNK software for Kestrel. He has created his own company selling electronic dope cards that use e-Paper technology like the Kindle device. It's non-volatile and readable in sun light. The entire device is about the size of a credit card and roughtly 1/8" thick. It can be attached to a dope card holder with velcro.

http://downrangesystems.com/e-dope.html

Name:  24231747_10214939896191302_3203389507440933579_n.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  111.0 KB

He has come up with a really neat interface to the Kestrel LiNK software. You simply input your target distances into LiNK in the multiple target screen as you normally would, then turn NFC (Near-Field Communication) on and hold your phone over the E-Dope device and the data is transferred to the screen.

Unfortunately, turning on NFC on my LG is a little different than the Samsung and there is no reception in the lower lever of the convention center, so we weren't able to try it with my phone. But, here is a a comparison of the previous download to the LiNK screen. You can see that it mimics it.

Name:  IMG_0562.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  102.0 KB

One thing to note is that the device only works with Android phones (sorry hipsters).
    Last edited by kombayotch; 01-24-2018 at 09:22 PM.