Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Kel-Tec RDB UPDATE: WE HAVE A FEW MORE AVAILABLE!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Got a reply back from Kel-Tec Canadian version is 223 only. American is 556/223. That kinda sucks but good to know
    I wonder if that's a OR thing to get them into Canada. I can't imagine a company doing two production lines when they are one and the same.
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copeland View Post
    I wonder if that's a OR thing to get them into Canada. I can't imagine a company doing two production lines when they are one and the same.
    Its the same barel as the 20 inch us barrel. If you want that kind of info confirm give a call to vault distribution.

AND, they seem really well put together. I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality! Thanks Reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Its the same barel as the 20 inch us barrel. If you want that kind of info confirm give a call to vault distribution.
    It came right from Kel-Tec themselves. I signed up put in a ticket 2 business days later I got a response .556 /223 American only.Canada 223 Didn't say why. I don't know why they would do that.

I just talked to vault distribution, and they said they let everyone know that these were .223 only, that's the only way they could get approval to import into Canada.
    "I guess I was the only one that missed that part! I spent a small fortune on .556" They also said they are definitely not the same as the 20" 223/556 US barrels.
    I asked about reaming to .556 and they said they wouldn't recommend it as it would also void your warranty.

Just got back from the range with mine. Accuracy is just as expected from most reviews. I was just using a cheap red dot from Amazon that's not paralax free and mounted a little too low for a good cheek weld and I was just resting on a bean bag. I manage a consistent group the length of a 223 cartridge. I'm sure I can improve that with a proper scope and bench rest . Obviously not as tight a group as my AR but I was never expecting such.

I did have a couple of light primer strikes but upon field stripping i clearly neglected to lube the tracks in the upper. I had only lubed the carrier really and turned almost bone dry. I did have trouble twice locking the bolt all the way back after last round, seemed to get hung up juat before the notch. I'll look into that more if it happens still after a few hundred rounds . I only put about 60 shots through . Stings the cheek a bit firing.

Happy overall for my first bullpup.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyspeed View Post
    I just talked to vault distribution, and they said they let everyone know that these were .223 only, that's the only way they could get approval to import into Canada.
    "I guess I was the only one that missed that part! I spent a small fortune on .556" They also said they are definitely not the same as the 20" 223/556 US barrels.
    I asked about reaming to .556 and they said they wouldn't recommend it as it would also void your warranty.
    I wonder why that is? Others on the market take both. Unless the feds have plans on stopping surplus ammo. This corrupt bunch don't seem to want anyone to have anything. The RFB takes 308 and that was approved

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyspeed View Post
    Funny I was told by vault couple months back that ots the same varrel as the US. Wen you think about it it would make sence why manifacture 2 diffremt 20 inch barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Funny I was told by vault couple months back that ots the same varrel as the US. Wen you think about it it would make sence why manifacture 2 diffremt 20 inch barrel?
    Ya, I don't know why either, it makes no sence to me, and they're even not sure of the twist rate? I should hear back from them tomorrow and will post when I do.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Originaly the presale was for 18.5 Canadian special edition barrels and now they end up doing a special run of .223 20 Inch just for the Canuck market...... strange.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.