Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2018: Bond Arms 44

SHOT SHOW 2018: Bond Arms 44

While this may look like the Texan, this yet to be named gun is unique in that it is the first Bond Arms in .44magnum and the first one to have a compensator

As you may know Bond Arms bought the unique Boberg design and introduced their own updated version with the shorter barrel..it will be at least a year before they bring back the longer barrel that was available in Canada for a short time. Even with the short barrel it feels great in the hand.

Seems like American flags are popular lol

RL
    Last edited by RL1; 01-30-2018 at 05:12 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    So no info on a longer slide version that they are willing to share? Boberg had one so they must still have most of the work done?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    Thank you for checking in with them though

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    The ported "Lucky Punk" looks like a good addition to their derringer line up.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    The ported "Lucky Punk" looks like a good addition to their derringer line up.
    Will depend on how effective the ports are: the .357mag model has a significant amount of snap to it albeit it is not ported.
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

Super GunNutz
    I have the 45/410 version. Standard 45 colts are pussy cats in it as are 2 1/2" 410's. But the 3" defensive ammo is a bit punishing. So i imagine the 44 even ported will be a real mitt full.

Its funny how popular derringers are. I own three, but one has to admit they are a pretty terrible design. Not target guns, really not suitable for defense. So they fall into the "just for sh!ts and giggles department. And with that in mind, the 44 will probably sell just fine.

I'll probably have to order a barrel myself, lol.

.44 mag derringer.

I've never been that angry about anything in my life.
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer686 View Post
    Will depend on how effective the ports are: the .357mag model has a significant amount of snap to it albeit it is not ported.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they offered it in .357mag/special at some point. 38 specials ported would be rather pleasant.
    I had one for a little while in .357 but sold it as I didn't really enjoy estimating for hold over/under at the range.

It really is a point and shoot short range self defense gun and not much of a range shooter. It would be nice if you could somehow have a dual bead front sight that could be regulated to your load. Then you would just have to pay attention to which barrel you were shooting to pick an elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargone4sure View Post
    I have the 45/410 version. Standard 45 colts are pussy cats in it as are 2 1/2" 410's. But the 3" defensive ammo is a bit punishing. So i imagine the 44 even ported will be a real mitt full.

Its funny how popular derringers are. I own three, but one has to admit they are a pretty terrible design. Not target guns, really not suitable for defense. So they fall into the "just for sh!ts and giggles department. And with that in mind, the 44 will probably sell just fine.

I'll probably have to order a barrel myself, lol.
    The Bond Arms are well made I will give them that! I had an early model so the trigger pull was not very nice..... I've heard the newer style triggers were improved a little.
    The only thing that makes them not great for self defense is the size and weight, specially the longer barrel models. Americans can choose between many smaller,lighter higher capacity pistol...... like their new bullpup!

I dont know why but the bullpup is interesting. Dont know of anyone who has tried something similar so to me it has potential. Something...
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast