Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SHOT show 2018: Danner Boots

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    i agree...and Danner wouldnt do something to jeopardize their good relationship with law enforcement and military so if the logo is there and it is allowed to be sold then there should be no issue. Not being in the USMC, i see it as a sign of showing your support for them..that is why i would wear it...
    Probably not the best choice for a hunting trip to Iran... : /
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

i agree...and Danner wouldnt do something to jeopardize their good relationship with law enforcement and military so if the logo is there and it is allowed to be sold then there should be no issue. Not being in the USMC, i see it as a sign of showing your support for them..that is why i would wear it

RL
    Sure, but you wear your hat inside...

Do what you want. I don't care. Thanks for the report.
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Alley Dan View Post
    Sure, but you wear your hat inside...

Do what you want. I don't care. Thanks for the report.
    haha wait till you see my upcoming food of SHOT post

CGN Ultra frequent flyer legi0n's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeatherdoG View Post
    No worries guy. Was just saying that if the USMC has given permission to sell Danners with the USMC crest they likely don't see the issue, and most people don't know what it is... pal.
    are you sure?
    I bought a pair of Bates E29502 USMC RAT Boot (canceled contract) with the USMC crest stamped out. That means the manufacturer had to stamp out all remaining boots at a cost.
    I find it "shady" to find USMC crested boots sold to civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by PSE View Post
    I have a pair of Danner Ft. Lewis boots that have the vibram sole worn down to nubbins. I didn't know you could send them back for refurbishment. What would that cost and where do you send them??

google is your friend

http://www.danner.com/boot-recrafting/
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

CGN Regular
    I had had a pr of Danner's for several years. All leather. Pro's: Very waterproof, needed very little effort to break in. Con's: Poor ankle support, soles are too high causing one's ankle to roll on rough terrain and soles gum up with mud terribly. I now have a set of Irish Setters and they are by far a better boot. The Danners now sit parked.

Quote Originally Posted by legi0n View Post
    are you sure?
    I bought a pair of Bates E29502 USMC RAT Boot (canceled contract) with the USMC crest stamped out. That means the manufacturer had to stamp out all remaining boots at a cost.
    I find it "shady" to find USMC crested boots sold to civilians.
    They have been selling boots with the marine crest for at least 4 years, I think if the USMC had an issue it would have been brought up by now. Danner isn't some fly by night company attempting to establish a name on the back of the USMC, it's a well established company with a long history of proving boots to US military personnel in all branches. Go to their website and look at the military boots, they make boots to meet each of the branches requirements, and sell the to anyone with the cash to buy them.
    Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
    Sir Winston Churchill

i agree...and Danner wouldnt do something to jeopardize their good relationship with law enforcement and military so if the logo is there and it is allowed to be sold then there should be no issue. Not being in the USMC, i see it as a sign of showing your support for them..that is why i would wear it

RL
    Totally see your point, however i stopped wearing my JTF2 and USN SEAL t-shirts when I was 18. The way i see it, if it's something you could be, but aren't and never were, then you have no business wearing the insignia of that organization. The US Marine Corps is part of a specific branch of the US DOD, would you wear Royal Canadian Navy insignia if you never served? Anyway not trying to ruffle feathers, just not sure how current and former members of such organizations would feel about such behaviour.
    CTSC
    PEIRA
    IPSCNB

Gotta agree. Wear what you want, but insignia is earned, and if I haven't earned it, I'm not comfortable wearing it.
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

At the moment I am experiencing difficulties with shoes, I have bad feet and they have prescribed insoles and special shoes. I’m going camping, but nowhere near me, there are no such orthopedic shoes. What do you think, if I buy this model and use special insoles it will be critical? The trip is already in a week, I don’t even have time to get to the doctor before the trip.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast