Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SHOT show 2018: Danner Boots

SHOT show 2018: Danner Boots

Not only does Danner have a great reputation for their boots, they also have a stellar reputation for customer service. I can attest to it as I have experienced it myself. They are just as friendly in person, probably one of the friendliest booths that I visited.

While they make boots for hiking, hunting, and lifestyle, I mainly looked at the tactical/military line. Some of the military boots such as the Rat have been revamped and re-named (to The Reckoning) and now come with a USMC logo, which I think is pretty awesome.

Black version of the boot without the logo as it does not align with their uniform (although imho black goes with everything lol)

The logo also appears on the USMC M.E.B.

Just to be sure, I did ask if the USMC only appears on military bound boots and Danner confirmed that civilians can buy them too.

I also looked at the Tachyon..not new but I have heard a lot about Danner’s lightest tactical boot…it does have an interesting feel to it

Speaking of light, it was too bad that they did not have the James Bond Spectre boot, the Mountain Light II but they did have a super lightweight hiker, their first shoe featuring a Vibram midsole and outsole.

Last edited by RL1; 01-30-2018 at 04:04 PM.

I have a big hike planned in 2019 -- Nootka Trail. Four/five days, plenty of wet and challenging terrain. Been thinking about the Tachyon as the less weight I have to swing around at the bottom of my leg, the happier I'll be.

Not sure I'd want to wear the eagle/anchor/globe. Reckon I haven't earned that.
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Alley Dan View Post
    Unless your hair is high and tight, and you walk around knife handing everything nobody will assume you're a marine. You'd be hard pressed to find people that actually know what that symbol represents for the most part.
    Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
    Sir Winston Churchill

hmmmm... this reminds me I have a pair of Fort Lewis that I need to send back for refurbishment.

wearing Lowa's now and have 2 pairs of Magnum spiders I took on my last deployment.

I didn't really like the look of the new danners and the USMC logo might be an issue for me wearing them at 'work'
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -- John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer remyltr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post

The logo also appears on the USMC M.E.B.

remind me of dr marten boots
    i would buy a pair of them if they didnt have that symbol on the heel
    typical British wankers

Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    Speaking of light, it was too bad that they did not have the James Bond Spectre boot, the Mountain Light II but they did have a super lightweight hiker, their first shoe featuring a Vibram midsole and outsole.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeatherdoG View Post
    Unless your hair is high and tight, and you walk around knife handing everything nobody will assume you're a marine. You'd be hard pressed to find people that actually know what that symbol represents for the most part.
    I have a pair of Mountain Light 2s, awesome boots but super heel shredders for the first few weeks and like many online reviews state, your achilles will reform to them, not the other way around.

Also probably best not to wear boots with the EGA if you aren't a Marine, just bad form.
    CTSC
    PEIRA
    IPSCNB

Not worried about being confused with a Marine, bud. Just not qualified to wear the insignia. Tikkachu has it right.

Woodchopper, do you have a source here in Edmonton for Danner? Looks like Milarm stocked them, but, well...
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

Not worried about being confused with a Marine, bud. Just not qualified to wear the insignia. Tikkachu has it right.

Woodchopper, do you have a source here in Edmonton for Danner? Looks like Milarm stocked them, but, well...
    No worries guy. Was just saying that if the USMC has given permission to sell Danners with the USMC crest they likely don't see the issue, and most people don't know what it is... pal.
    Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
    Sir Winston Churchill

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodchopper View Post
    hmmmm... this reminds me I have a pair of Fort Lewis that I need to send back for refurbishment.

wearing Lowa's now and have 2 pairs of Magnum spiders I took on my last deployment.

I didn't really like the look of the new danners and the USMC logo might be an issue for me wearing them at 'work'
    I have a pair of Danner Ft. Lewis boots that have the vibram sole worn down to nubbins. I didn't know you could send them back for refurbishment. What would that cost and where do you send them??
    One well placed shot is worth a dozen around the edges
    "ACCURACY isn't what you once did, it's what you can do on DEMAND"

No worries guy. Was just saying that if the USMC has given permission to sell Danners with the USMC crest they likely don't see the issue, and most people don't know what it is... pal.
    i agree...and Danner wouldnt do something to jeopardize their good relationship with law enforcement and military so if the logo is there and it is allowed to be sold then there should be no issue. Not being in the USMC, i see it as a sign of showing your support for them..that is why i would wear it

RL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast