Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Grenade Launcher

Quote Originally Posted by HKNova6 View Post
    were you able to get this stuff across the border okay?
    I ordered a kit from exotic-firearms.com last week. It shipped right away but it's been sitting awaiting clearing agency review for a few days. I think that's a bad sign. I"ll update this when I know more.
    Has anyone here gotten into trouble for trying to import this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Sa View Post
    I ordered a kit from exotic-firearms.com last week. It shipped right away but it's been sitting awaiting clearing agency review for a few days. I think that's a bad sign. I"ll update this when I know more.
    Has anyone here gotten into trouble for trying to import this stuff?
    I had the same prob. It sat at customs for 2-3 weeks, then was released. You'll get it. They've shipped quite a few to Canada. It's a non gun, so it's not controlled..just takes them awhile to realize that. Did you get the new Poseidon kit or the Nemesis?
    Just a dude up in Canada that likes guns
    Have Faith. Have Freedom. Have Fun.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    I 3d print projectiles and they're very simple to reload. I can lob a lead payload projectile 200+ meters with hi-low pressure shells. It's $2 of plastic and lead over 8gr of 800x behind a copper burst disc. Very cheap to shoot. Many times the projectiles are recoverable.

I just need a decent rifled launcher to start having real fun. Right now I stabilize my projectiles with fins and a very heavy nose. Rifling would get me further, as I could make my projectile more aerodynamic and rely on centrifugal stabilization from rifling rather than the "mortar" like stabilization that comes from using the property of center of gravity well ahead of center of pressure.

In the US, a rifled gun over .50 is a DD, but in Canada, it's still a non-firearm. So 37mm rifled, 40mm rifled, no problem in Canada. Just no one makes them and sells them to civs
    This is interesting to me... have you considered rebarreling an existing launcher? I think dlask had some. Iirc they were cheap ($500ish)... depending on who did the job I'd guess it would be $500ish more to have a barrel made up. Where you'd get a 37mm rifled barrel blank I have no clue.

Exotic Firearms told me the only thing they can't ship to Canada is primers and ammo.
    I received my order without any customs problems, probably just got lucky.
    My order contained a bunch of "flying fish" fuze in different colours. This is not considered hazardous goods apparently.

Really it's just like a box of craft supplies...bits of cardboard and plastic, stuff that looks like coloured string etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Arm&Gun View Post
    Did you get the new Poseidon kit or the Nemesis?
    I already have a Ordnance Group launcher I got thru another dealer (before Western Metal carried these). It's not quite as cool as the one in the OP's pic but it does work. If I can get proficient at making my own ammo I might buy an upgrade.
    For now I ordered the Deluxe 37mm reloading starter kit. It doesn't have primers or powder so I hope I'm okay with CBS.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer UCSPanther's Avatar
    A rather expensive flare gun...
    Target sighted...Range set (Panther quote from Earth 2150)

Proud member of the mini 14 cult

"The 1990s: The other dark age" - my quote

Honestly, for myself it would end up being a really expensive long range game of bocce ball.

It'll be a hit at the family reunion!

Quote Originally Posted by Arm&Gun View Post
    I had the same prob. It sat at customs for 2-3 weeks, then was released.
    You were right. It arrived without issue. They actually sent a pack of primers with it (by accident I think). Luckily the box made it thru.

BANNED
    I use MLR Distributing for my reloads. You can't order from the site, but you can email them and they will ship to Canada - hulls and the loading kits. No primers or hazardous stuff. I use their aluminum hulls and they work awesome.

http://www.mlrdistributing.com/

Cannon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234