Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brn-10a ??

I really want a retro m16a1. AR-10 too... but m16a1 with triangular handgaurds first!

Hmmmm, they missed a few of the design cues of the final "Portuguese / NATO" version of the original, but it's not a bad rendition of the earlier "Sudanese" variant. The proprietary receiver that takes DPMS-pattern components is the real question. Will the Brownell's receivers interchange with DPMS receivers? That is the real test to determine the classification of the Brownells' Retro rifle.

If the Brownells receivers do not interchange with the DPMS versions, then the next question will be if they fit the Original AR10 rifles. I would love to breathe new life into this old girl with a new Brownells lower receiver.....

Mark C

^ wow, she's a beaut! I sent Brownells a note asking if it's DPMS compatible, or full ArmaLite spec.. will keep fingers crossed and post their reply

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by technomad View Post
    ^ wow, she's a beaut! I sent Brownells a note asking if it's DPMS compatible, or full ArmaLite spec.. will keep fingers crossed and post their reply
    Please do.
    IRUN, please bring these in.
    I'm in for one AR10 guaranteed. That's my tax return well spent!
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer UCSPanther's Avatar
    Looks like I may get a chance at owning something similar to those CA Ar 10s...
    Target sighted...Range set (Panther quote from Earth 2150)

Proud member of the mini 14 cult

"The 1990s: The other dark age" - my quote

If it's NR and comes with a waffle mag I'm in!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Neat. Vietman era'ish. Not my style tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Hmmmm, they missed a few of the design cues of the final "Portuguese / NATO" version of the original, but it's not a bad rendition of the earlier "Sudanese" variant. The proprietary receiver that takes DPMS-pattern components is the real question. Will the Brownell's receivers interchange with DPMS receivers? That is the real test to determine the classification of the Brownells' Retro rifle.

If the Brownells receivers do not interchange with the DPMS versions, then the next question will be if they fit the Original AR10 rifles. I would love to breathe new life into this old girl with a new Brownells lower receiver.....

I can guarantee you that even if a original Dutch manufactured upper fit on the brownells lower the rifle wound not function due to the difference in diameter of original AR10 bolt carriers vs the newer DPMS bolt carriers that fit inside a AR15 sized rifle / carbine buffer tube. I have a picture somewhere that does a side by side comparison of a original AR10 BCG, DPMS 308 BCG & a AR15 BCG. I’ll see if I can find it after I get off night shift tomorrow morning.

To be honest I still don’t know how NEA/BCL got away with the 102 being NR, since it appears to basically be a DPMS 308 style rifle with Armalite barrel nut threads. So there is hope that this brownells AR10 replica could be NR. If we can get these imported into Canada I will buy one regardless of classification. If NR it will just be icing on the cake.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    I can guarantee you that even if a original Dutch manufactured upper fit on the brownells lower the rifle wound not function due to the difference in diameter of original AR10 bolt carriers vs the newer DPMS bolt carriers that fit inside a AR15 sized rifle / carbine buffer tube. I have a picture somewhere that does a side by side comparison of a original AR10 BCG, DPMS 308 BCG & a AR15 BCG. I’ll see if I can find it after I get off night shift tomorrow morning.

To be honest I still don’t know how NEA/BCL got away with the 102 being NR, since it appears to basically be a DPMS 308 style rifle with Armalite barrel nut threads. So there is hope that this brownells AR10 replica could be NR. If we can get these imported into Canada I will buy one regardless of classification. If NR it will just be icing on the cake.
    Same. I would most certainly buy one regardless of classification.

Id take the lightweight barrel model the BRN-10B if its Non restricted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast