Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brn-10a ??

Super GunNutz
    Ditto on a new made, original AR. Double if I can get a second receiver to fit mine. One scoped, one irons! Both shootable

[IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    I can guarantee you that even if a original Dutch manufactured upper fit on the brownells lower the rifle wound not function due to the difference in diameter of original AR10 bolt carriers vs the newer DPMS bolt carriers that fit inside a AR15 sized rifle / carbine buffer tube. I have a picture somewhere that does a side by side comparison of a original AR10 BCG, DPMS 308 BCG & a AR15 BCG. I’ll see if I can find it after I get off night shift tomorrow morning.

To be honest I still don’t know how NEA/BCL got away with the 102 being NR, since it appears to basically be a DPMS 308 style rifle with Armalite barrel nut threads. So there is hope that this brownells AR10 replica could be NR. If we can get these imported into Canada I will buy one regardless of classification. If NR it will just be icing on the cake.

Here's a comparison of the Sudanese AR10 (left), the BCL102 (middle) and the C8 (right).

x9999 i would buy 2 right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Milspectacles View Post
    Looks real cool, anyone know if those are some Brownells custom grips or something from blackgunswood?
    The furniture is plastic, Brownells says they will be selling the components.
    He can't shoot like that with a stock Savage and a Bushnell scope

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Hmmmm, they missed a few of the design cues of the final "Portuguese / NATO" version of the original, but it's not a bad rendition of the earlier "Sudanese" variant. The proprietary receiver that takes DPMS-pattern components is the real question. Will the Brownell's receivers interchange with DPMS receivers? That is the real test to determine the classification of the Brownells' Retro rifle.

If the Brownells receivers do not interchange with the DPMS versions, then the next question will be if they fit the Original AR10 rifles. I would love to breathe new life into this old girl with a new Brownells lower receiver.....

At Shot the Brownells rep said they were trying to source a more authentic front sight.
    He can't shoot like that with a stock Savage and a Bushnell scope

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123