Now Taking Deposit on Kel-Tec RDBs

The Kel-Tec RDBs are coming to Canada at long last! These non-restricted bullpups will be just like the American variants, with an 18.6" Canadian NR barrel, and you can secure one of the incoming rifles with a $200 deposit today towards a full price of $1499 plus taxes. We're told these are expected to be arriving February 2018, so shouldn't be much of a wait...

Better late then never!
Is the barrel 18.6" or did they just end up sending the 20" to make life easier at the factory?

So far I found that Kel Tec says .223 only

Vault says 5.56 but somone from customer service says .223

All stores say .223

So.... Which is it? Not gonna take a chance when the chamber is at my face.

All stores say .223

It's stamped .223 right on the barrel.......so just go with that as per the Canadian Firearms Safety Course.

If it turns out your chamber is a little on the loose side and closer to a 5.56 well that's just a bonus unless you were looking for a tight .223 chamber? It's stamped .223 for a reason but it might just be acceptable to fire 5.56 just like the rest of the barrels they make.

Maybe shoot it from the hip while testing...... :)

Last edited:
Do a search on the topic, the .223 stamping is for export rules.
Lot's of people shooting 5.56 with no issues.

Curious, what are the physical differences between the 223 and 556 barrel and/or chamber that can be verifiable? (To be only 223 vs 223/556?)

Curious, what are the physical differences between the 223 and 556 barrel and/or chamber that can be verifiable? (To be only 223 vs 223/556?)

There are many write ups about the subject already online that will be better then my explanation...... :)

All stores say .223

In the present firearm climate in Canada I doubt that if the barrels are indeed 5.56 chambered you'd get a "real" answer from the manufacturer or a Canadian retailer. However, there is compelling evidence that Kel-tec's Canadian .223 20.5" barrels are indeed the exact same as the USA 5.56/.223 20.5" barrel.

The owners manual included with the Canadian 20.5" RDB barrel states, on numerous occasions, that the barrel is a 5.56/.223 chamber

Also check out this thread already on CGN regarding the chamber spec's.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1732182-RDB-chambering?highlight=5.56

You have to make an judgement call but I think the answer is fairly obvious.

Last edited:
Any chance you guys can bring in a few RDB-S handguards?

theyre a bit slimmer than then the standard RDB ones and dont have the rail.
heres a pic of someone who bought on from KEL-TEC:
BripRBS.jpg

also a video of him installing it.
The colour is different but wouldnt be too hard to paint it black

Back
Top Bottom