Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brownell's Retro Rifles

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scarecrow's Avatar
    How many post of this are we going to have? Keltec RDB came out around 2015, getting in 2018. Think about it, we wont see this rifle until maybe 2021-23.
    Order in council, for when politicians want to order people instead of being ordered by the people.

Should police follow the law or should law follow the police?

I had the opportunity to buy a Belgian AR 10, wood furniture (as the plastic had disintegrated in storage), never fired, for a crazy low price in the 80s. Worse I had several at the time to choose from... Been kicking myself/knocking head on wall and unrestricted at the time sigh... I had been scared off by a bubba'd 308 at the time. Just imagine a mare's leg 308 fired from the shoulder bolt action... With a narrower butt stock.You dont want to do it, you really dont.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mr. Friendly's Avatar
    wow...if these repo AR10's have a chance of coming in as NR, imagine the fun hunting!
    power corrupts, but absolute power is kinda cool!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ruger007's Avatar
    I could definitely see a need for one of these!
    You meet the nicest people on a Honda!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    How many post of this are we going to have? Keltec RDB came out around 2015, getting in 2018. Think about it, we wont see this rifle until maybe 2021-23.
    alot sooner than tha. If they class it as restricted, its probably because it falls under an AR15 variant parent FRT. If they class it as NR, it will probably because it falls under the original AR 102/ AR10 design's FRT. it only takes SSFS 3 years because they have to start from scratch and see how to convert it to full auto, differentiation betweel FA and SA etc. On a known design especially an AR, it will be quick.

Now which class should it fall under?! i won't get into that pissing contest. But from the limited info on the compatible parts list, it uses modern age AR308 BCG ( which is iffy), and a AR308 barrel ( which is fine-ish). The real determining factors are, Does it uses a modern age AR308 lower? will that upper drops onto an AR308 lower? and also how is the sear pocket machined?

I see that the OP didn't specified if he was talking about the 7.62 or the 5.56 version, my statement only apply to the 7.62 version
    Last edited by sky52; 01-27-2018 at 12:19 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    The BRN-10 with the furniture changed to real wood... very, very classy IMO.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    alot sooner than tha. If they class it as restricted, its probably because it falls under an AR15 variant parent FRT. If they class it as NR, it will probably because it falls under the original AR 102/ AR10 design's FRT. it only takes SSFS 3 years because they have to start from scratch and see how to convert it to full auto, differentiation betweel FA and SA etc. On a known design especially an AR, it will be quick.

Now which class should it fall under?! i won't get into that pissing contest. But from the limited info on the compatible parts list, it uses modern age AR308 BCG ( which is iffy), and a AR308 barrel ( which is fine-ish). The real determining factors are, Does it uses a modern age AR308 lower? will that upper drops onto an AR308 lower? and also how is the sear pocket machined?

I see that the OP didn't specified if he was talking about the 7.62 or the 5.56 version, my statement only apply to the 7.62 version
    This exactly.
    Either the upper mates up with a known modern AR10 (read AR15 "variant" in Canada) lower or it doesn't. As long as they don't pull any nonsense with saying the lower can be "easily converted" BS and the lower of this rifle is proprietary and will not mate up with a modern AR10 (AR15) variant then it SHOULD make it proprietary thus could readily fall under the old school AR10 design/AR102/NEA102 FRT.

I can't see the bolt being interchangeable being an issue but the RCMP are right out of it so who knows.

The only question is will it mate up and fire. If yes then there goes my dream lol If no then it's still a question mark but would lean heavily towards NR IMO.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Regular
    I was asking about the AR15s. The reason I asked was because Troy came out with amazing replicas that were semi auto only, but had auto markings on the receiver and were banned for import by our friends at the RCMP. Just because of the "auto" stamp.
    These ones don't seem to have the auto mark, so....

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleCrow View Post
    I was asking about the AR15s. The reason I asked was because Troy came out with amazing replicas that were semi auto only, but had auto markings on the receiver and were banned for import by our friends at the RCMP. Just because of the "auto" stamp.
    These ones don't seem to have the auto mark, so....

Nothing to do with the “auto” stamp. I have several lowers that have such markings purchased since 2014. It is because Troy machined a tiny pocket indicating where the auto sear pin would go. That apparently is a No-No with the RCMP SFSS. But who knows, maybe they have now changed their ‘standards’ on what makes a AR15 lower prohibited. And I could unknowingly be in possession of prohib lowers / rifles.

NR done deal.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast