Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brownell's Retro Rifles

what would possibly lead anyone to beleive they would make these NR?? garantee theyre going to take one look at it and go yup... AR15. im planning to eventually order a furniture set up though.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ty12 View Post
    what would possibly lead anyone to beleive they would make these NR?? garantee theyre going to take one look at it and go yup... AR15. im planning to eventually order a furniture set up though.
    They're talking about the AR10's.

Shot Show 2018 Cost ~ $700
    Brownells BRN 10A Cost - $1599.99 US
    Patrick Sweeney yelling to Brownells rep that the bolt on the black display rifle won't lock back PRICELESS

The brown version looked really good but the lighter black had a better balance.
    Brownells rep didn't know if there was any Canadian interest yet.

Interesting note, the green M16 clone was the model most often selected at the range day, even over the XM177, according to rep.
    He can't shoot like that with a stock Savage and a Bushnell scope

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trigger'06 View Post
    Shot Show 2018 Cost ~ $700
    Brownells BRN 10A Cost - $1599.99 US
    Patrick Sweeney yelling to Brownells rep that the bolt on the black display rifle won't lock back PRICELESS

The brown version looked really good but the lighter black had a better balance.
    Brownells rep didn't know if there was any Canadian interest yet.

Interesting note, the green M16 clone was the model most often selected at the range day, even over the XM177, according to rep.
    The Brown Furniture AR10 has a heavy "modern" type barrel that's "heavily fluted" under the guards. So essentially 100% pointless weight that throws the balance off for sure.
    The black furniture one is the one I would be after. It's a pencil barrel all the way along hence why the balance and weight felt proper.

If the AR10's do end up NR, there would be much interest up here I would imagine. I would be buying a black one even if I had to sell a kidney to fund it.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

When I was importing guns, I would find out what the RCMPolice Lab didn't like
    about the gun.
    Then take the issues to the manufacturer for comment and see what we could
    do about it. If it was financially do able, I would get one made up for the test.
    Brownell could do this by changing the markings. These guns are restricted here
    , so no big deal. In America, markings are everything to ATF, so, manufacturers
    have to make certain that everyone knows they are not real m16 lower receivers.
    Colt should just make a limited run of the old sp1 rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    The Brown Furniture AR10 has a heavy "modern" type barrel that's "heavily fluted" under the guards. So essentially 100% pointless weight that throws the balance off for sure.
    The black furniture one is the one I would be after. It's a pencil barrel all the way along hence why the balance and weight felt proper.

If the AR10's do end up NR, there would be much interest up here I would imagine. I would be buying a black one even if I had to sell a kidney to fund it.
    Funny, you were the first one I thought of when i saw the rifles.
    He can't shoot like that with a stock Savage and a Bushnell scope

k we should be used to ridiculous prices for cool NR toys by now, I need that AR-10........
    If Canada banned guns in 1812 and it was not for armed volunteers we would be saying the pledge of allegiance right now. Call me a true Canadian but I believe the annual day we burned the white house down should be a paid holiday.

i'm in for one.... Funny, i keep hearing "gimmie shelter" or "paint it black", along with faint, faint, sound of a huey chopper.... every time i look at an, a-1 hah! too much television....

Quote Originally Posted by mussyhairhillbilly View Post
    i'm in for one.... Funny, i keep hearing "gimmie shelter" or "paint it black", along with faint, faint, sound of a huey chopper.... every time i look at an, a-1 hah! too much television....
    “Fortunate Son” for me. Gotta have one of these haha.

These are epic

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast