Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WANSTALLS CUSTOM order oppoutunity: Serbu 50BMG

Love my guns but this doesn't get me very excited. It's certainly affordable but it's like shooting a muzzle loader. OK until the shots fired but the dread starts after. I think I need the followup "bang" much sooner.
    Money isn't everthing. It's just something needed to purchase anything.

Quote Originally Posted by saskdude99 View Post
    Love my guns but this doesn't get me very excited. It's certainly affordable but it's like shooting a muzzle loader. OK until the shots fired but the dread starts after. I think I need the followup "bang" much sooner.
    My RN-50 arrived last night and it looks good. If you want faster follow up shots go buy a bolt action or semi.. I doubt youve ever even held one of these or seen one in person. The cap on the end comes off quickly reloads could be done in 20 seconds if i had to guess, ive shot muzzle loaders its not even a fair compairison what you are saying. With how expensive ammo is for a 50bmg i think this or even a bolt is ideal.

Do you guys have better pictures of the paint finishes ?
    Even online I cant find a high res picture of the cerakote options.

I shoot a Savage Mod 10 ML with smokeless powder.
    Can reload in 30 sec. The point is it has a slow follow up shot and so does this. That's why I shoot a bolt 50.
    This reminds me of a Cooey single shot vs a Volquartson 22 semi auto. Both shoot but ends there.
    Money isn't everthing. It's just something needed to purchase anything.

Quote Originally Posted by saskdude99 View Post
    I shoot a Savage Mod 10 ML with smokeless powder.
    Can reload in 30 sec. The point is it has a slow follow up shot and so does this. That's why I shoot a bolt 50.
    This reminds me of a Cooey single shot vs a Volquartson 22 semi auto. Both shoot but ends there.

Its completly asinine comparing a 22lr single shot and a 22lr semi auto to any action type of 50bmg.. One of those calibres is over 50 times more powerful than the other.

I dont see why you need fast follow up shots when shooting steel or paper and i doubt anyone is taking one of these hunting and actually needs a fast follow up shot. My point is your points are sort of pointless. I would respect anyone who walks around hunting with a 20+ pound rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
    Its completly asinine comparing a 22lr single shot and a 22lr semi auto to any action type of 50bmg.. One of those calibres is over 50 times more powerful than the other.
    He's uhh, not. He's comparing a single shot .22 to a semi .22. Then suggesting that the similarities between those two guns mirror the similarities between the RN50 and a bolt .50.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    He's uhh, not. He's comparing a single shot .22 to a semi .22. Then suggesting that the similarities between those two guns mirror the similarities between the RN50 and a bolt .50.
    I get that. I just think its a bad analogy with ammo cost differences, magnitudes more power, and how unpractical a 50bmg is.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    I get that. I just think its a bad analogy with ammo cost differences and how unpractical a 50bmg.
    ...I think you're reading a bit too much into this. He wants to shoot fast. Can't with the RN-50. Ammo cost/practicality is not relevant.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    ...I think you're reading a bit too much into this. He wants to shoot fast. Can't with the RN-50. Ammo cost/practicality is not relevant.
    Probably reading too much into it, im just butt hurt he made a connection that i bought an over priced single shot cooey 50bmg

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Probably reading too much into it, im just butt hurt he made a connection that i bought an over priced single shot cooey 50bmg
    I am really trying to talk myself out of buying an over priced single shot Cooey 50bmg!
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast