Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2018: Tactical Walls

So they seem compliant with non-restricted firearms but are they also legal for restricted or would the firearm have to be in a locked case in the unit?

CGN Regular
    [QUOTE=cycoblade;14555394]are they also legal for restricted...[QUOTE]

Not on their own, no. You would need to store them as per laws because the tactical walls probably wouldn't be considered an adequate locking container. A simple magnet can open them.

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cycoblade View Post
    So they seem compliant with non-restricted firearms but are they also legal for restricted or would the firearm have to be in a locked case in the unit?
    They models we carry are compliant with both non and restricted firearms, some of their items are not considered safe storage and we do not stock them but they can be special ordered.

I've met the owner. Great down to earth guy. Definitely looking at a ModWall setup.
    Just a dude up in Canada that likes guns
    Have Faith. Have Freedom. Have Fun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Lead hammer's Avatar
    I would love that rifle one, just so expensive.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    I like the bat! That could be a great diy project.

I just want all of these to have the secret agent james bond cool things hidden everywhere vibe, but I have little use for the actual shelf part, could use a tactical china cabinet......That's where id Display "The Canada 150 Liquor collection"
    If Canada banned guns in 1812 and it was not for armed volunteers we would be saying the pledge of allegiance right now. Call me a true Canadian but I believe the annual day we burned the white house down should be a paid holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    I have always liked the concept of “hidden in plain sight” so I was very intrigued by Tactical Walls when I discovered them on Wanstall’s website. It was great to finally see them in person and I fully intend to get their large shelf.

For those of you not aware of this product line, essentially they are gun safes, compliant with storage regs, designed to look like furniture. Most feature opening with either magnetic or RFID “keys”. One thing to consider is that the RFID runs on battery and if the battery fails the shelf will default to the open position so you don’t want your batteries to run out when you are away on vacation! Prior to battery failure, it will sound an alarm like when a smoke detector battery gets low.

RL
    So these are legal in Canada? Yay! I've always wanted to hide my guns all over my house instead of just some standard looking safe.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    [QUOTE=Astute Observer;14555920][QUOTE=cycoblade;14555394]are they also legal for restricted...

Not on their own, no. You would need to store them as per laws because the tactical walls probably wouldn't be considered an adequate locking container. A simple magnet can open them.

That wood is likely stronger that the drywall people use for lockable closets that they store firearms in. Be curious as to the magnet lock part as far as being legal because a combo is GTG, a key is GTG, if you can see a lock you can break the lock. With these not only is the function hidden, so is the lock.
    Shooter1of38 Imagine what it would be like to have two dicks.....

It's kind of like that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Thanks for doing shotshow again RL, always bringing us some great photos.

MODwall panel system looks good, I wonder what kind of price.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast