SHOT SHOW 2018: Jesse James Firearms Unlimited

that is Jesse James but he wasnt setting up the booth...he was about to put the Trump gun away but i asked him if he could wait a second for me to take the pics and he obliged...he was putting it back in that pic

RL
Did he mention who would be the typical customer for his pistols ? collectors, rich and famous etc

Kinda like the wood stocked AR-ish ones myself

Fuddpunk ;)

Dude that polished the comp on the Trump gun melted the back edge, though - poor job for what should look seamless

This one looks like a post apocalyptic sci fi comic book gun. I kinda like it.

large.jpg

Saw him last year and asked for a pic with him. He was a real douche. Didn't even break my stride passing his booth this year. He does a great job making a waste of a firearm.

Saw him last year and asked for a pic with him. He was a real douche. Didn't even break my stride passing his booth this year. He does a great job making a waste of a firearm.
For awhile he looked like he had it all successful business famous wife and then it all went downhill.. guess that is why he is in anything that can make a buck

Taste is relative.

Some will find Mr. James' aesthetic appealing. Many won't. I am very much in the second camp. I like subtlety and grace and guns that have either a "gentlemanly charm" to them or a style that reflects their utility. Mr. James' work - all of it, everything he's done, since forever - lacks subtlety, grace, and charm. At least to my eye.

Could I do better? No, I could not. But that's immaterial. I find his work garish, and about as subtle and sincere as a Vegas hooker's sales pitch, so I guess he was at least hawking it in an appropriate venue.

All that said, the actual execution of the engraving on the non-presidential 1911 is very, very nice. He obviously either has some talent, or has hired some. But even that's a bit overdone to my eye.

When I first looks at his guns a few years ago I thought, wow this could be cool. Coming up with his own designs, making some high end products but the more I looked into it the more I shy'd away from them.

On his AR's he uses Fortis products and a few other brands which are great, but when you build a rifle using Fortis, B5, Lantac etc etc. and then all you do is give it a custom cerakote job and add a custom wood stock, it doesn't really add up to $6000+ for an AR

Customize a KAC or HK and you're still under the price of Jesse's guns and have more features on it.

Back
Top Bottom