Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2018: Jesse James Firearms Unlimited

Saw him last year and asked for a pic with him. He was a real douche. Didn't even break my stride passing his booth this year. He does a great job making a waste of a firearm.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesummit View Post
    Saw him last year and asked for a pic with him. He was a real douche. Didn't even break my stride passing his booth this year. He does a great job making a waste of a firearm.
    For awhile he looked like he had it all successful business famous wife and then it all went downhill.. guess that is why he is in anything that can make a buck

Taste is relative.

Some will find Mr. James' aesthetic appealing. Many won't. I am very much in the second camp. I like subtlety and grace and guns that have either a "gentlemanly charm" to them or a style that reflects their utility. Mr. James' work - all of it, everything he's done, since forever - lacks subtlety, grace, and charm. At least to my eye.

Could I do better? No, I could not. But that's immaterial. I find his work garish, and about as subtle and sincere as a Vegas hooker's sales pitch, so I guess he was at least hawking it in an appropriate venue.

All that said, the actual execution of the engraving on the non-presidential 1911 is very, very nice. He obviously either has some talent, or has hired some. But even that's a bit overdone to my eye.
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    Overkill. Too much craziness it’s almost overwhelming lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    If I was a bad guy confronted by that AR with the dildo muzzle device, I might die on the spot....from laughing.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

forges his 1911 by hand... moves out of comifornia to Texas to build guns.... supports 2A.... at least I know he wouldn’t throw gun owners under the bus....
    “Progressivism is the basterd child of Marxism”
    #FLUSHTHETURD
    #BANBILLBLAIR
    REGISTERED FIREARMS BELONG TO THE GOVERNMENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    This one looks like a post apocalyptic sci fi comic book gun. I kinda like it.

This is the AR I like also .
    “Progressivism is the basterd child of Marxism”
    #FLUSHTHETURD
    #BANBILLBLAIR
    REGISTERED FIREARMS BELONG TO THE GOVERNMENT.

Wow very nice guns!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    When I first looks at his guns a few years ago I thought, wow this could be cool. Coming up with his own designs, making some high end products but the more I looked into it the more I shy'd away from them.

On his AR's he uses Fortis products and a few other brands which are great, but when you build a rifle using Fortis, B5, Lantac etc etc. and then all you do is give it a custom cerakote job and add a custom wood stock, it doesn't really add up to $6000+ for an AR

Customize a KAC or HK and you're still under the price of Jesse's guns and have more features on it.
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234