Thread: SHOT SHOW 2018: Random cool stuff

SHOT SHOW 2018: Random cool stuff

BABA YAGA BENELLI

At last year’s show they had the actual Glock used in the John Wick movies on display, at least under a glass case. In anticipation of seeing that this year, I got a custom belt made that says “we call him Baba Yaga”..well the Glock wasn’t there this time around but even better, the actual Benelli M4 that Keeanu used in the movie was not only on display, you could handle it!!!!

SILENCERCO .12 GAUGE

Again inspired by the movies, ever since I saw No Country for Old Men, I have always dreamed of a shotgun suppressor…sure enough Silencerco developed one with removable baffles to change the degree of noise reduction (kinda like the Supertrapp exhausts for cars and bikes)…with all baffles installed, the shotgun would be below the “magic” number of 140 decibels. It was great to see my dream gun in person

More cool suppressors from them

FLIR BREACH

FLIR needs no introduction when it comes to thermal optics…they just introduced an even smaller handheld called the Breach. Some of its features include: on board video (2.5 hours) and photo (1000 pictures) recording, 7 colour palettes and multiple reticles, and digital compass/inclinometer. Best of all it is slated for the Canadian market (price will be around $2500)

EMPTY SHELL XM556 MINIGUN

The XM556 was introduced at last year’s show and there was no way I was gonna miss handling it this year lol…I hunted down their booth and voila! Comes with either 10” or 16” barrels…and requires 24 Volts DC power to achieve a rate of fire up to 6000!

Incidentally Empty Shell is also developing a bullpup shotgun called the D12.

MTM RAD

From what I have seen, MTM watches draw mixed emotions…personally I like them, especially the new RAD featuring a geiger counter that measures single-dose gamma ray levels, as well as cumulative exposure over time!

FAMOUS PEOPLE

In addition to the knife guys I mentioned in my knife related threads, I did see a few youtube and instagram “stars” although I missed out on meeting Jerry Miculek even though I did have him in my schedule lol. I did stick by my plan to meet Royce Gracie though.

Thanks for posting.
    Member: CPC, UCP, CSSA, and AFGA.