Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun Shops In Eastern Ontario - Get My RPAL First, Then Go Visit Them?

Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    Kingston?

Put yourself on the waiting list ASAP if you can for the 2 ranges in the area... They are apparently long to get into!

And welcome!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    You can join the base gun club at CFB Kingston if you’re ex military. There are waiting lists at the other local ranges.

Stop out at the shop and say hi...you might even see a motorcycle perched up high on display.

We have people waiting for their PAL or PAL course come in all the time. It does get crazy in store on Saturdays and Friday afternoons and that can effect how much one on one time we can spend with everyone.
    Awesome. I will be in mid week for a visit, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERMAG View Post
    Grenville fish & Game club still accepting new members
    check out out on web
    supermag
    Thanks, I'll check them out.

Go check out Ellwood Epps in Orillia.
    They have any type of firearm you could possibly dream of.
    PS Bring VISA and RPAL!

I have been very happy with Sports Action in Ottawa and SFRC. Sports Action doesn't have the range of items that SFRC does but they are good to talk to. Enjoy when you get your RPAL but be prepared for the wait after the course. Be proactive and try get one of your sponsors to call in after the required waiting time has passed. There is a whole thread on tips for faster action on licences and, sadly tales of woe with some of the waits.😤

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    SFRC is a great place to shop, especially if your local. But with online shopping nowadays the entire country is at your fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by TrappeMike View Post
    Go check out Ellwood Epps in Orillia.
    They have any type of firearm you could possibly dream of.
    PS Bring VISA and RPAL!
    A bit far for me, but thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoman View Post
    I have been very happy with Sports Action in Ottawa and SFRC. Sports Action doesn't have the range of items that SFRC does but they are good to talk to. Enjoy when you get your RPAL but be prepared for the wait after the course. Be proactive and try get one of your sponsors to call in after the required waiting time has passed. There is a whole thread on tips for faster action on licences and, sadly tales of woe with some of the waits.��
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've been reading through the PAL/RPAL related threads, I'm figuring it won't be till at least July before I can actually have a firearm in my possession.

Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    SFRC is a great place to shop, especially if your local. But with online shopping nowadays the entire country is at your fingertips!
    Lots of recommendations for SFRC. I will be going there for sure.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkbooger View Post
    Its a real crap shoot. Some stores have great staff happy to chat and others have narrow minded know-it-alls that just want to lecture.
    If your in Ottawa, check out Sports Action. Silvana was a great help to me while I was anxiously watching the mailbox. She's forgotten more about guns than I'll ever know...
    Not saying good or bad but twice I walked into that store and all I got was a hello and goodbye. I think she was reading both times . I prefer that to being ball busted but it's hard to judge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast