Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2018; The food thread

SHOT SHOW 2018; The food thread

As I mentioned in my pre-SHOT show thread, I did not intend to eat at any haute cuisine restaurants. In fact, I cancelled my reservation at Sinatra after I got in to the MyEdge seminar. Furthermore, due to time constraints, I limited myself to places that were in the immediate vicinity of my hotel. With those caveats in mind, here we go….

HASH HOUSE & GO GO

Before hitting the range, Kombayotch and I stopped off at Hash House & Go Go for breakfast. We were warned that their specialties are ginormous portions so we should stick to more traditional breakfasts if we wanted something lighter. I opted for The Basic with two eggs and bacon. Sadly it upset my stomach anyway (I wont go into details unless requested lol)

INDUSTRY DAY AT THE RAANGE

Unfortunately my camera broke (I will talk about this in another thread) so I could not take a pic of the incredible spicy grilled cheese sandwich I had from one of the specialty food trucks although I did snag a pic of the free burgers being handed out by the guy with the electric smoker.

GUY FIERI’s VEGAS KITCHEN AND BAR

Thanks to the CGNer who recommended this place, as it happens I was staying at the Linq so it was pretty convenient lol.

I had the Vegas Fries, as featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives…basically potatoes with buffalo sauce, blue cheese and blue-sabi (blue cheese and wasabi) on the side.

Truthfully it was not what I was expecting…I was hoping for fries drenched in blue cheese sauce with blue cheese crumble…I would not order this again.

Greentips had the Motley Que pulled pork sandwich, also featured on Guy’s TV show.

Kombayotch had the beef brisket.

Dsiwy had the Sashimi Won-Tacos, sushi grade ahi tuna in won ton shells

Finally we shared the 7 layer Jack Daniels chocolate cake…first time in my life I got a STEAK KNIFE to eat cake!!!! It was DENSE and definitely worth trying.

In-N-Out BURGER

Several people have told me that In-N-Out is the best burger in the world…this was my third time to Vegas and no way I was missing out again lol.

I opted for the Double Double with onion (they ask you if you want the onion or not)

My verdict is that it was “solid”…meaning that anyone who tries it would say it is good but I would not go so far as saying best in the world. I do believe that Shake Shack (in New York and New Jersey) and Top Gun (in Toronto) are better.

SPRINKLES CUPCAKE

This fancy cupcake place is literally next door to In-N-Out so I had to try it out.

I had the chocolate marshmallow and a mini red-velvet. The mini was clearly the better of the two whereas the larger one pretty much exploded into pieces on the first bite.

CHAYO MEXICAN KITCHEN AND TEQUILA BAR

I should disclose that it was not our first choice to eat here but there were 30 min+ lineups at the other places nearby.

I had the Chicken Veracruzana, a signature dish of grilled chicken in white wine, capers, and oven roasted chayote. It was ok.

HAUTE DOGGERY

Last time I was in Vegas I had a fancy hot dog at Pink’s and it was horrible! I literally threw it out after two bites. Based on that, I was hesitant to try another hot dog place but I gave in to the temptation…glad I did as this one was GREAT!

Haute Doggery offers steamed, grilled, and deep fried hot dogs…I opted for the Jersey Ripper, a deep fried frank with sweet & spicy yellow relish and onions.

Since this was an “Haute” place, notice that I removed my hat for the meal!

Again it was great…I think I enjoyed it more than In-N-Out, perhaps because it exceeded my expectations vs the burger place that fell below them.

FLOUR AND BARLEY

Not only was this the best meal that I had on this trip, it could very well be one of the best pizzas I have ever had…loved it! I say “could be” because the edge of the crust was a little burnt keeping it from winning the title. Still it was fantastic.

I had the Lasagna with bolognese sauce, mushrooms, sausage and herbed ricotta cheese. The interesting thing is that it did not look like lasagna but man when you close your eyes you could swear you were eating lasagna lol…very cool.

OFF THE STRIP

After my 8 hour edged weapon training I was super hungry but cancelled my reservation to Sinatra due to timing issues. Still I was in the mood for steak so I hit the nearest place, Off the Strip. I had the 8 0z. filet mignon, which turned out to be very good

But also not enough lol. I followed the steak with a house salad with blue cheese dressing and I requested them to add extra crumbled blue cheese. It was also pretty good,

PGA TOUR GRILL

My last taste of Vegas was at the PGA Tour Grill located at the airport. I had the seared Atlantic salmon sandwich…pretty good.

RL

BANNED
    Guy's Tuna tacos were my favorite there.

Y'all notice that Ed Brown hat sitting on the table? lol

Quote Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
    Guy's Tuna tacos were my favorite there.

Y'all notice that Ed Brown hat sitting on the table? lol
    yes i mentioned that in my review..i took my hat off since it was an "Haute" place lol

RL

Mmmmmmm.... the best SHOT SHOW 2018 post so far!
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

WORST POST SO FAR!!!

I couldn't even make it half way through before I had to stop...never look at food posts when you are hungry

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Auggie Doggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    yes i mentioned that in my review..i took my hat off since it was an "Haute" place lol

RL
    Yes, but you left it ON THE TABLE! Oh well, baby steps. We'll get you trained yet.

Auggie D.
    You CAN get blood from a stone...... IF you throw it hard enough.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Haven't ate yet today. Clicking on this post was a poor decision.

On a side note, RL1 should start an IG page for food ####. Lol
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Haven't ate yet today. Clicking on this post was a poor decision.

On a side note, RL1 should start an IG page for food ####. Lol
    He needs a ig page period,he takes some amazing pictures! I love your threads between the cars the food and the guns I click on everything you post.
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

wow thanks i appreciate that

RL

Not sure how you had the energy. We got tired and used grub hub one day and ate dinner in our room. The next day we went to Tacos and Beer. That was good food and great drinks. We went at happy hour then headed to the Bellagio for the Cirque show. Show was mind blowing!
    ICORE/IPSC/USPSA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast