Thread: 2018 Shot Show: SIG MCX Virtus

2018 Shot Show: SIG MCX Virtus

SIG USA has a million of these new MCX Virtus in their both. So how is this really different from the last gen of MCX?

The most notable difference is the hand guard. The hand guard is thicker, and feels wider. They also use heavier profiled barrels in both the 5.56 and 300blk, along with new gas block positions. This means if you put a new Virtus barrel in an old receiver, the gas adjustment knob will not line up with the hold hand guard and vice versa.....and also the old and new handguard are not interchangeable. The old and new bolts are also not the same, old barrels with old bolt,s new barrels with new bolts.

The old MCX also use the standard AR trigger, and the new one comes with Sig's own "lighter trigger". You will be the judge as to which one is better. The original trigger is tried and proven, but the recreational shooter may like the lighter trigger in the new offering.

My personal take is, if you want an ultra light 5.56 or 300 blk PDW, go scoop out the old version while they are still around. If you want heavier barrel and Mlok + integrate sling QD point, you will need the new Virtus. The New Virtus also comes in 3 different colours, that appear to be cerakote or something in that line.

Name:  MCX1.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  26.9 KB

Name:  MCX2.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  16.8 KB

Name:  MCX3.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  22.1 KB

Name:  MCX4.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  22.8 KB

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Regular
    Come on Rattler!
    Cathy

i wish i took a closer look at the Rattler...i just got this one pic from afar