Thread: SHOT SHOW 2018: Rick Hinderer, Chris Reeve, and Strider knives

SHOT SHOW 2018: Rick Hinderer, Chris Reeve, and Strider knives

RICK HINDERER

I just missed Rick at his booth so thanks to his team for walking me through the new products. First some new engraving options

As well as new blade shapes for the XM18

Perhaps the biggest news is the new steel insert at the tip of the lockbar…this can be swapped out and is especially good for those who tend to be hard on their locks

I also liked the “gear” clip with actual moving gears

I was also happy to finally get to handle the folding dagger

Rick is one of the originators of the “tactical pen” and had lots of new finish options on those as well

The full kit

I actually liked the black

But the “light saber” was pretty cool too

Battle bronze

The gears again

Smaller model

CHRIS REEVE

Chris also wasn’t at his booth so thanks to his wife and son for the info. Some new engraving options for the Sebenza

Continuing the African big game series, the buffalo (vs. the leopard last year)…it was stunning

Join or Die, a tribute to a political cartoon that was a symbol of unity through multiple American wars (sorry about the blurry pic)

In terms of fixed blades, the Green Beret and Pacific now come in FDE with and without serrations

Ha I saw the prototypes for these kitchen knives years ago at the Canadian Knifemaker Guild show

Finally some hand crafted cutting boards, in collaboration with Old Yankee

MICK STRIDER

Good to see Mick Strider again

I am holding his new tanto kukri fixed blade

My favourite of his folders

More table shots

Jade from Starlingear was also at Mick’s table

These puncher rings were awesome

And in my size to..sigh

It was also great to run into custom knifemaker Allen Elishewitz on the show floor, been a while since I last saw him…he was in town for both SHOT (he designs knives for Hogue) and the Tactical Invitational knife show

RL

Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    As well as new blade shapes for the XM18

Perhaps the biggest news is the new steel insert at the tip of the lockbar…this can be swapped out and is especially good for those who tend to be hard on their locks
    Nice- that is a classic Hinderer and i like that they have finally started using a lock bar insert.

So what's the deal with Strider - he's only running warranty for the original Strider Knives, as well as staying full custom from now on? I understand Strider shuttered their doors about a year ago now. I have been carrying an SMF every day that I've been in uniform for the last ten or eleven years, and I'm sad to see the company dissolve.

I will have to hold on to the knives I have now, lest they disappear forever! DB-L and SMF FTW.

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?