Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shot Show 2018: Hudson H9 pistol

Shot Show 2018: Hudson H9 pistol

I got the chance to shoot the Hudson H9 on the range day. Here are my thoughts.

The gun is basically a striker gun that wants to look like a 1911, with 1911ish trigger and 1911 grip angle. My guess is that it is trying to appeal to the 1911 crowd in a striker format. The weight is 1911ish, because the lower is either aluminium or steel, depending on the model.

The interesting part is the recoil spring is lower than a typical pistol, and therefore it has a much lower dust cover. It is a design to lower the bore axis and also to put the recoil more in line with the wrist line.

Does it work? Yes, the pistol is easily controllable, due to its design and weight. There is a short video on CGN Facebook feed.

Where does it fit? This is definitely not a "tactical" type of gun in my opinion. Like the Silencerco Maxim, the dust cover is too low to be compatible with any light / light laser module currently in the market. I don't see how someone can manipulate the light switch of what it is in the market right now,

On the other hand, I see its potential as a comp. gun in the Production Division. We will see how it works out.

Name:  AH9.jpg
Views: 1868
Size:  46.1 KB

Name:  AH9b.jpg
Views: 1876
Size:  57.1 KB

Name:  AH9c.jpg
Views: 1874
Size:  91.5 KB
    Last edited by greentips; 01-29-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tobaman45's Avatar
    does it use single or double stack mags or does it depend on which model/calibre ?

i shot these as well...there is quite a bit of weight difference between the steel and aluminum versions...i still prefer traditional 1911s

RL

Quote Originally Posted by tobaman45 View Post
    does it use single or double stack mags or does it depend on which model/calibre ?
    It is a 9mm double stack 15+1

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

I feel this may be the new hipster pistol. I don't see the 1911 crowd jumping on this nor anyone who likes their striker fired pistols due to it's size and weight. So it seems to me its market is people who want a unique and expensive gun.

The unique recoil spring design would be interesting if it was offered in larger/hotter calibers but for 9mm it seems like a bit of a novel feature.

All in all it isn't necessarily a bad thing; the H9 a product that tried something different and isn't a complete and utter mess, but there isn't a huge amount of appeal.

Quite a few reliability issues with it from youtube vids that I've seen. Maybe they ironed out the problems with this batch?
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left." - Bertrand Russell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    The guy who does Forgotten Weapons seems to like this particular gun quite a bit. I think he may have called it the best new gun of 2017 in fact (or something along those lines).
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    The guy who does Forgotten Weapons seems to like this particular gun quite a bit. I think he may have called it the best new gun of 2017 in fact (or something along those lines).
    So, what makes his opinion any more valuable than those of us saying that it's an over-priced and unreliable "gimmick gun"? The Hudson is anot unreliable and fugly boutique pistol with a 1950s throw-back name reminiscent of the Edsel. There, now you have my "opinion" as well. And yes, I have handled but admittedly not fired the pistol, as the lineups at last year's SHOT range day were long and the Hudson staff were short-loading the jammo-matic demo guns in an effort to reduce stoppages. My time was better spent elsewhere, as is yours in all likelihood.....
    Mark C

Freedom Ventures - CGN Sponsor Freedom Ventures's Avatar
    I shot both the "A" (Aluminum) and regular model at SHOT Range day this year - both worked perfectly and I was impressed at how both guns shot pretty flat.
    20 rounds is hardly enough to determine reliability, but it worked every time for me and I was at the table for about 15 minutes and didn't see any malfunctions around me.
    I'd guess they've worked the kinks out.

FYI - the name Hudson is just the family name of the company owner. No different than Colt, Remington, Smith and Wesson, Glock, etc.

Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freedom.ventures.92
    Follow us on Instagram at https://instagram.com/freedom_ventures/

Please do not PM- email us at sales@freedomventures.ca

www.freedomventures.ca (902) 455-5483

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    What's the price on these and who would be dealing them in Canada?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast