Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Brownells Retro Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    Do what they did with the c7. Cut off the handle and attach a rail.
    Might be tricky to cock the firearm after your suggested mod. Just saying..... YMMV (but i doubt it)
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMachine View Post
    I would love to see these come in as NR, best of luck in that regard Mr Wolverine.

If these come in as NR, maybe you could work with Brownells to provide a version with a pic rail down the road? As much as I'd love a NR AR10, the ability to mount optics (conveniently) is a must for me.
    You have to remember these are coming from the US where "NR" AR10 variants can be had for fractions of what they cost up here with flat top railed uppers all day long. What you are looking for already exists in the USA in spades in modern AR10 format (restricted to us sadly).
    The whole point of Brownells starting up this retro run is to fill a really cool gap in the US market for retro unobtanium config rifles.
    These just might happen to be NR by chance because they MAY have stuck to proprietary upper/lower receiver specs of the original (I still have to say MAY because I have not seen it in black and white clear as day stating this anywhere yet)

To make one with a railed upper would make no sense whatsoever for their market and this project. It would defeat the whole purpose and sell none in the US.
    Unless they would consider changing up their whole production/business plan to cater to our sad little market up here maybe.

We don't even know for sure yet if they will be NR. I am waiting for a definitive answer on the question of whether the upper/lower will mate with a modern DPMS pattern upper/lower. The whole thing hinges on this. I have a feeling dealers up here already have this info and are just playing it close to the chest to avoid any RCMP pre-work to come up with a plan to #### us over. I sound like a conspiracy nut but this is Canada and the RCMP we're talking about here lol

Noone wants this NR more than me though trust me lol :D (I already sold off many favorite guns to ensure money is ready in the skeptical off chance it does come in NR). But I can't get my hopes too high here.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Might be tricky to cock the firearm after your suggested mod. Just saying..... YMMV (but i doubt it)
    LOL, forgot about that. still can be done, just gonna make optics fit that much more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Same.
    Always swore I would never fall for the pre-order beta tester trap shenanigans.
    But for these NR I will throw my cash down as fast as possible.
    Remember these aren't some dodgey Canadian made/Chinese sourced/Barely developed product.
    These are made by competent US machine shops/manufacturers funded by Brownells with their reputation on the line in the saturated US market where reputation is everything and you rarely get a second chance from the US consumers.
    I'm still not seeing/hearing anywhere that these are 100 confirmed WILL NOT be compatible with DPMS pattern upper/lower though.
    #### I wish I knew this Q and A was on when it was. That's the only question I would have asked lol
    I’m hesitant on Pre orders more now with rifles like this “that look Scary” lol. I just pre ordered a WK-108C on Thursday, was at wolverine an held one, and I was sold lol. But if this gets the go ahead I think know I’ll be driving out to their shop and saying “shut up and take my Money” lol. It’s just a waiting game till they have more info for us all. But all that said out of any one to do a Pre order with I feel very confident dealing with Wolverine!

Tagged. First time I see this post. I’m dreaming for one

I know it's not historically accurate but I hope these will take P Mags

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    Any chance for a raffle for one of the AR-10's??
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer UCSPanther's Avatar
    "Waiting for the BRN-10A almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter."
    Target sighted...Range set (Panther quote from Earth 2150)

Proud member of the mini 14 cult

"The 1990s: The other dark age" - my quote

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotokan View Post
    I know it's not historically accurate but I hope these will take P Mags
    they dont.

Brownells retro ar10

Just wondering is there any update on the import of these? Thanks