Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Brownells Retro Rifles

I am in touch with the lead developer on Brownells AR10 project and have agreed to supply them with original Dutch upper parts so that a more faithful reporduction can be made. Of concern is the front sight base and flash-hider. I am not sure of they will be willing to make the handguard more "Dutch".

Quote Originally Posted by HHollow View Post
    I am in touch with the lead developer on Brownells AR10 project and have agreed to supply them with original Dutch upper parts so that a more faithful reporduction can be made. Of concern is the front sight base and flash-hider. I am not sure of they will be willing to make the handguard more "Dutch".
    Good on you - thanks for using your expertise to assist in refining the retro AR10's apppearance! Although I would prefer the opportunity to discharge my original Portuguese variant, I will quite happily acquire one of these to stand-in as a substitute for the range. Given that I already have the later variant with Brown furniture I quite like the idea of the Black-clad "Sudanese" clone with the lightweight barrel.

Exciting times for sure, and I can't imagine a more ideal nor advantageous partnership for Canadian gun owner.s than one between Wolverine Supplies and Brownells. Congratulations John, Wolverine ia kicking off 2018 with quite a bang! (pun intended).

More original AR10 ####.....

Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Another interesting tidbit about the AR10 is that the gas tube used to run along the left side of the barrel, under the hand guards and feed into the upper receiver into a port hole on the upper left side of the receiver just behind the barrel nut.
    This was obviously before they decided to run it on top of the barrel into the face of the receiver to keep the whole system inline.

Fack I'm excited for this! This is the best news I have heard in years regarding new product in Canada.
    I know they aren't exact clones but a light weight pencil barrel NR old school AR10 is something I've been drooling over in fantasy only for many years....
    Will take one in black 100% guaranteed if NR Wolverine.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HHollow View Post
    If you are in touch with them Sir, can you confirm/verify that the upper/lower are indeed proprietary/direct clones of the original AR10 and do not mate up with any current DPMS/SR25/Modern AR10 upper lowers?
    According to the reading between the lines off the brownells site, those components are not in the list of the "compatible with DPMS/SR25" so I'm really hoping here. Hoping hard!
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Take my money!!!

Im in !

I’m in for an ar10. Pre order?

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by Clvland View Post
    I’m in for an ar10. Pre order?
    Niet... Once we start the leg work and have confirmed information we would look into doing something but not now.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    Niet... Once we start the leg work and have confirmed information we would look into doing something but not now.

Why? What could possibly go wrong? ROFL.

Oh by all means wait for the classification and a timeline. But at that point I’d hop on a preorder. I want one badly.