Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Brownells Retro Rifles

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastxr View Post
    Why? What could possibly go wrong? ROFL.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clvland View Post
    Oh by all means wait for the classification and a timeline. But at that point I’d hop on a preorder. I want one badly.
    Same.
    Get that sucker to the lab, get a NR tag on it and I'll pre-order a BRN10B.
    I can't pass this up even though I swore I would never do the pre-order thing. I can't miss this if goes that path.
    I've dreamed for too long.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    If you are in touch with them Sir, can you confirm/verify that the upper/lower are indeed proprietary/direct clones of the original AR10 and do not mate up with any current DPMS/SR25/Modern AR10 upper lowers?
    According to the reading between the lines off the brownells site, those components are not in the list of the "compatible with DPMS/SR25" so I'm really hoping here. Hoping hard!
    The Brownells retro AR10s are based on modern Armalite and DPMS parts. Nothing they are using now will fit the original (1955-1961) AR10s. The company has shown an interest in making the front end more representaive of the Sudanexe AR10 variant. [me thinks they are not willing to make the larger investment required to create a Portuguse AR10 front end] The front sight base is a critical area for improvement.

Damn. Was really pumped for this until I read that...
    CPC member

Quote Originally Posted by HHollow View Post
    The Brownells retro AR10s are based on modern Armalite and DPMS parts. Nothing they are using now will fit the original (1955-1961) AR10s. The company has shown an interest in making the front end more representaive of the Sudanexe AR10 variant. [me thinks they are not willing to make the larger investment required to create a Portuguse AR10 front end] The front sight base is a critical area for improvement.
    Okay. A lot of the parts are modern parts and won't fit the original prohib 50's rifles (it says that right on the site under the DPMS/SR25 compatible components) BUT will the BRN10 upper/lower mate up with modern AR10 (aka AR15 variants in Canada) uppers/lowers?
    Last edited by Travis Bickle; 02-01-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    That’s the prohibited hole.

Btw what’s the classification of your Ar-10?
    My wife has one of those. Same thing I'm not allowed to tamper with it.

Any chance these might be non restricted like some think it might be?
    Life is not that complicated. You get up, you go to work, eat three meals, you take one good shlt and you go back to bed. What’s the fvcking mystery?! - George Carlin

Some of you lucky 12(2)/12(3) guys have to remember that these are just modern look a likes using as many current production parts available to keep the cost low.
    There may be about 3 and a half people in the country that have a legit functioning 50's AR10, if they were going to clone every single part exact, the price tag on these would be double or even triple what they are. All components made proprietary exact to the original would sky rocket the end product cost.

These are affordable, similar, replicas of them, built with currently available parts where possible to keep the sticker price within range of the common dude thankfully (me and most people up here).
    It's the closest any of us under the age of 50 who don't have a 12(x) PAL will ever come and at least you can actually shoot these if they come in.
    The last time an AR10 was even close to this config was the original AR10A2 and those were declared restricted variants of the AR15 as they were based on a scaled up AR15 vice the original AR10. Every other AR10 has been a giant hulking, tactical abortion, target/bench gun and always restricted

They may not be 100% accurate remakes but at least they're close and you can actually shoot them even if they come in Restricted (fingers crossed on that).

Quote Originally Posted by HHollow View Post
    Good news? The Brownells rep says that the upper and lower are matched such that no DPMS or Armalite uppers or lowers will interchange. But the internals are readily available DPMS .
    Last edited by HHollow; 02-02-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Quote from Brownell’s on arfcom

“Yes, just like the AR-15 line, the receiver set (upper w/ rear sight, charging handle, and lower receiver with takedown pins, mag release, bolt catch & selector), barrels, BCGs and muzzle devices will be offered. The receivers will be purchased in a set, as they are not compatible with other platforms.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leg View Post
    Quote from Brownell’s on arfcom

“Yes, just like the AR-15 line, the receiver set (upper w/ rear sight, charging handle, and lower receiver with takedown pins, mag release, bolt catch & selector), barrels, BCGs and muzzle devices will be offered. The receivers will be purchased in a set, as they are not compatible with other platforms.”
    Sounds like this has some serious potential to be a NR candidate. And it can't happen soon enough!! Total awesomeness!!!!!!!!