Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Brownells Retro Rifles

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 06:55 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rebel Rouser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    You essentially just described the NEA102 then to the letter. If that is the case they will either have to NR the Retro AR10 or swallow their foot and restrict the NEA102.
    I just sold off about 4 of my all time favorites and some ammo to make sure I have the funds in place...now we wait.
    Wolverine, based on USA MSRP of about $1600 can you give even a rough estimate of the potential CAD you plan to put on it if it receives NR satus?
    You will be waiting for 2+ years for a FRT.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"
    Colt Firearms advertising slogan.
    Diemaco #1 Fanboy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Rouser View Post
    You will be waiting for 2+ years for a FRT.
    I don't know.
    Noone knows. Look at the WK180C.
    They essentially are pushing it as a direct copy/piggy back of an already existing FRT (180b).
    I'm thinking from my limited knowledge that Wolverine may be able to do the same and submit it under the same FRT as both the NEA102/semi auto Dutch AR10's already in place.
    From all the technical info I've seen that is exactly what they are (well more the NEA102 but you get the idea). Proprietary upper/lower based on the original AR10 which predates the AR15 and does not interchange upper/lower with any modern, post AR15 AR10 rifle.
    Last edited by Travis Bickle; 02-20-2018 at 01:08 AM.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I don't know.
    Noone knows. Look at the WK180C.
    They essentially are pushing it as a direct copy/piggy back of an already existing FRT (180b).
    I'm thinking from my limited knowledge that Wolverine may be able to do the same and submit it under the same FRT as both the NEA102/semi auto Dutch AR10's already in place.
    From all the technical info I've seen that is exactly what they are (well more the NEA102 but you get the idea). Proprietary upper/lower based on the original AR10 which predates the AR15 and does not interchange upper/lower with any modern, post AR15 AR10 rifle.
    I think your right. The more research I do into this, the more I think it will be NR.

Diemaco #1 Fanboy

Here John, I did post this in the Black Rifle section.

13:45 in the bottom video talks about the proprietary upper an lower.

Diemaco #1 Fanboy

BANNED
    These will be #1 on my want list when they get classified. Thanks for the videos!

The last rifle I did a pre Order for was the CZ858. But I think if this Ends up being a go I will be forsure In. Just a Beautiful rifle also one I’ve Always wanted. Very interested to see how this goes. But if any one can make this happen it will be Wolverine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDC View Post
    The last rifle I did a pre Order for was the CZ858. But I think if this Ends up being a go I will be forsure In. Just a Beautiful rifle also one I’ve Always wanted. Very interested to see how this goes. But if any one can make this happen it will be Wolverine.
    Same.
    Always swore I would never fall for the pre-order beta tester trap shenanigans.
    But for these NR I will throw my cash down as fast as possible.
    Remember these aren't some dodgey Canadian made/Chinese sourced/Barely developed product.
    These are made by competent US machine shops/manufacturers funded by Brownells with their reputation on the line in the saturated US market where reputation is everything and you rarely get a second chance from the US consumers.
    I'm still not seeing/hearing anywhere that these are 100 confirmed WILL NOT be compatible with DPMS pattern upper/lower though.
    #### I wish I knew this Q and A was on when it was. That's the only question I would have asked lol
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    I would love to see these come in as NR, best of luck in that regard Mr Wolverine.

If these come in as NR, maybe you could work with Brownells to provide a version with a pic rail down the road? As much as I'd love a NR AR10, the ability to mount optics (conveniently) is a must for me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    Do what they did with the c7. Cut off the handle and attach a rail.