CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: STNGR Handguards

  1. #1
    Newbie oldfatcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    18

    STNGR Handguards

    Hey IRG fellows,

    Just purchased a pistol from you guys and feel so great for the awesome awesome price, even still waiting for it

    The question for you guys is: I was wondering if IRG is going to sell some STNGR handguards - they are nice-looking, light-weight, and most important, cost-effective.

    Thanks,

    https://www.stngrusa.com/




    Last edited by oldfatcrab; 02-01-2018 at 05:57 AM.

  2. #2
    CGN Regular $kull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    457
    This^

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    22
    Doesn't it say on their site (STNGR) that they sell direct to customers only?

  4. #4
    Newbie oldfatcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Menard1098 View Post
    Doesn't it say on their site (STNGR) that they sell direct to customers only?
    ehh... sorry I just saw that on their website... seems like I have to use borderview then...

  5. #5
    Super GunNutz King0265's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    886
    Man that’s a nice handguard up there

  6. #6
    Member gunner2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Brantford,Ont
    Posts
    65
    If they make a 17-18 inch in Mlok i would be interested.

  7. #7
    CGN Regular sphen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toronto North
    Posts
    419
    Yup, $40 to have borderview bring one in. Then you need to pay shipping and possibly imports at the door. Very frustrating. Almost double the cost. I cancelled my order after doing the math.

    Here is my next question, the US regulations keeping these stores from shipping up here, do they apply to point of sale? If I pick one up in the US can I take that home across the border?

  8. #8
    Newbie oldfatcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by sphen View Post
    Yup, $40 to have borderview bring one in. Then you need to pay shipping and possibly imports at the door. Very frustrating. Almost double the cost. I cancelled my order after doing the math.

    Here is my next question, the US regulations keeping these stores from shipping up here, do they apply to point of sale? If I pick one up in the US can I take that home across the border?
    I am thinking of buy 3 identical ones in, total value 39 USD, then each one will +13USD, which is aboot 10%, not too bad... then maybe try to sell the rest 1 or 2...

    But kinda hate to do it, I really hope IRG can handle orders or accessories within 500USD exemption amount...

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by sphen View Post
    Yup, $40 to have borderview bring one in. Then you need to pay shipping and possibly imports at the door. Very frustrating. Almost double the cost. I cancelled my order after doing the math.

    Here is my next question, the US regulations keeping these stores from shipping up here, do they apply to point of sale? If I pick one up in the US can I take that home across the border?
    AFAIK these fall under ITAR rules. I want one as well but if you get caught stateside with one there could be some very serious consequences.

  10. #10
    Newbie oldfatcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Menard1098 View Post
    AFAIK these fall under ITAR rules. I want one as well but if you get caught stateside with one there could be some very serious consequences.
    +1

    @sphen, the law enforcements there always keep an eye on Canadians doing something fishy...

    have multiple friends driving a B.C. licensed vehicle to go buy tents and jackets etc from Cabela's across the boarder, and seems like there is a good chance to get stopped by a cop to see what you are going to bring back to Canada (fortunately they didn't do anything stupid)...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •