Page 30 of 94 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262728293031323334353637384050 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine's WK180-C

BTW, for those of you asking, Wolverine appears to carry seeds for the "Magazine Tree" plant in Spring, results may vary.

https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...m-62gr-FMJ-BT-

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Haha the biggest gun snob on internet....
    Im waiting to see what can be done. After Ill drop some serious cash building one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ljones View Post
    Sorry but I have been a gun owner for close to 25 years and if I am having difficulty with this FRT thing then newbies will too. I have a friend that just got his license and he is asking as he doesn't understand. I am trying to explain but I guess I am not as clear why the FRt is not important when all other firearms I have gotten have one and SFRC prints out the one for the BCL102 and includes it when shipped. Maybe I am stupid, but I though every firearm model had to have an FRT number. Will this one eventually have an FRT number and a clear classification of it's status before we have them in our hand?
    The firearms act is the rule. It has definitions to what is prohib, restricted or non restricted. It begins and ends there.

The frt is the database of rcmp opinion as to whether a gun is prohib, restricted or non restricted as per the definitions of the firearms act.

Rcmp opinion is not law. Only the firearms act is law.

An encyclipedia of rcmp opinion is also not law, just because all the opinion is in one place.

You don't need rcmp opinion to know if a gun is one of the three as the rules exist without the rcmp saying what they think.

If the rcmp disagree with Wolverine's opinion, there is court. At court the rcmp expert gives his opinion based on the law, and wolverine's expert gives their opinion based on the law, and a judge says which one is right. As per the judges opinion of the law and how the gun fits the law definitions.

Simple.
    Last edited by fenceline; 02-05-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    Awh man!
    CCFR/NFA

Well done. I'm buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by jrusseller View Post
    Interesting rifle, but I feel it misses out on a couple of the truly great things the ar180b had going for it.

1. On the 180b, the flash hider is machined into the barrel, instead of being threaded for one to be added on. This allows you to have a shorter OAL. Made the 180b a bit more like a 16” barrwl with 2.6” flash hider, versus this 18.7” barrel with another 2” of flash hider added on top.
    2. Medium profile barrel: I think this is a mistake in a gun like this. A lot of the balance issues associated with these long barreled NR rifles comes from a heavy barrel. The original pencil profile of the 180b helped mitigate the front heavy aspect
    3. The handguard length. I know looks are subjective, but I feel like many NR guns look silly with a short rail and long barrel. Why not a 12” rail system? Especially if it’s a lightweight mlok design!
    Like I said, cool rifle but I think I may hold out hopes for a future version with some of these changes.
    1) Have an ar15 barrel made with an integrated flash hider. Swap it in for the original.

2) make it in a medium profile.

3) swap the handguard for a free float. Change gas block if necessary.

4) sell excess parts to cover costs.

See? Cool rifle you did yourself.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Thin barrels take more machining time and that cost money. Our goal was to keep the price under $1,000
    Can we drop in our own barrels at home? I bought a lovely 223 Wylde barrel from SJ for my planned SLR but I really want this one instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisselig View Post
    Can we drop in our own barrels at home? I bought a lovely 223 Wylde barrel from SJ for my planned SLR but I really want this one instead.
    Got the tools... ar barrel swaps are easy. If this is an ar barrel, should be just as easy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisselig View Post
    As long as your new barrel has a mid length gas system like my Maple Ridge Armoury barrel does.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    The firearms act is the rule. It has definitions to what is prohib, restricted or non restricted. It begins and ends there.

The frt is the database of rcmp opinion as to whether a gun is prohib, restricted or non restricted as per the definitions of the firearms act.

Rcmp opinion is not law. Only the firearms act is law.

An encyclipedia of rcmp opinion is also not law, just because all the opinion is in one place.

You don't need rcmp opinion to know if a gun is one of the three as the rules exist without the rcmp saying what they think.
    But whether we like it or not the Libs have put firearms law in the RCMP hands. They have stated so openly. So yes RCMP opinion is law now. Or so the Libs have stated. So who to believe at this point. I am not trying to be a sh*t disturber. The government says one thing, you say another. It is getting bloody confusing. I am fairly new to black rifles so never had to deal with this much before but with the Libs and RCMP in lock step I trust neither. Also the Firearms Act is clear as mud. They can twist it any way they want and have given the RCMP the permission to do so. I just don't trust them. I am not looking to get a refund. We just have to be ready should they try anything and expect them to do so. With the new firearms control bill yet to come out I hardly think this and the BCL 102 will escape notice. They won't like it.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...