Page 47 of 94 FirstFirst ... 273739404142434445464748495051525354555767 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine's WK180-C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
    It’s a reference to role playing games like dungeons and dragons ...... you roll a dice and get a random result. They have a twenty sided die as well as the six sided dice that most of us are more familiar with from board games etc.

ie. game of chance
    Damn, now i feel old... lol
    'nada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    I almost miss the simple days when all we dealt with were the pimps driving up prices.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by redivivus View Post
    I don't see any law or precedence that states individuals can claim their own classification ad-hoc especially for a semi-automatic firearm with a unclear lineage. Please do share the relevant sections and the successful court challenges that you have researched that indicate that the RCMP is not administering the Firearms Act through the CFP and that this activity does not fall under their jurisdiction. I assume you have run this through legal counsel, so please do share the gap analysis between the law and your interpretation of it's applicability in this instance. This will be handy to the questions of classification that are sure to follow when someone gets stopped and queried: "But Officer, yes it's not on the FRT but Wolverine Supplies says it SHOULD be Non Restricted. And here is the post on CGN that proves it. Give them a call they will clear it up for you."

In short, suggest that you stop clouding the matter with suggestions and interpretations and PROVE that this rifle is Non Restricted in the eyes of the law and that the buyer is not taking on any additional risk or liability through it's purchase and use through what they "think" (as that is what they inferred from the manufacturer) is a Non Restricted rifle. A simple question that should have a simple answer.

In the meantime, bingo on boys - let's hope one of us does not need the practice. I'm going to watch Episode 6 of Mr. Mercedes. The game is afoot!
    I agree a simple question that one would think should have a simple answer, but our firearms laws and regulations are so confused I do not see a simple answer.

I have simply pointed out that the WK180-C meets all the requirements for a non restricted firearm as currently laid down by the CC and firearms regulations. I have made our position very transparent from the beginning.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer City Boy's Avatar
    The answer is pretty simple really ..... those that are confident buy and those that want to wait and see .... well, wait and see then.

I’ll wait and see what the early adopters think of their new rifles .... dependability, etc. A thousand bucks is a great price, but a thousand bucks is a lot of money for me.

I’m glad to see this make it to market and not languish in “approval purgatory”.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I agree a simple question that one would think should have a simple answer, but our firearms laws and regulations are so confused I do not see a simple answer.

I have simply pointed out that the WK180-C meets all the requirements for a non restricted firearm as currently laid down by the CC and firearms regulations. I have made our position very transparent from the beginning.

Aye, it is simple

As 05 feb 2018...

Given that there are three classes of firearms in Canada: Prohibited, Restricted, and Non-Restricted;

Is the WK180C a firearm (as per definition)? -> Yes

Is the WK180C named as prohibited or restricted firearm? -> No

Does the WK180C have physical dimensions/features that make it prohibited or restricted firearm? -> No

If the WK180C is a firearm, and it is not a prohibited or restricted firearm, then the WK180C is a non-restricted firearm.
    'nada

Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    If the WK180C is a firearm, and it is not a prohibited or restricted firearm, then the WK180C is a non-restricted firearm.
    You ain't no lawman!
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

Quote Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
    It’s a reference to role playing games like dungeons and dragons ...... you roll a dice and get a random result. They have a twenty sided die as well as the six sided dice that most of us are more familiar with from board games etc.

ie. game of chance
    Sorry this must be an age thing, Tyson stop laughing, I am going to hear it in the office tomorrow, good one. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    You ain't no lawman!
    Im simply reading the definitions in the Law...
    'nada

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Out of respect for dealer thread removed personal political opinions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    Most people should be happy that Wolverine bring a new affordable rifle to the market but still some seem to try to want sabotage it at all cost
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson