Page 62 of 94 FirstFirst ... 425254555657585960616263646566676869707282 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine's WK180-C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    I think down the road I would put a skeleton folder on if I could.
    If they make a 1913 rail adapter, you could put a Sig MPX stock on it, that would look cool.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMachine View Post
    I think a rifle length gas system would be beneficial for those of who want to swap out barrels as it opens up a lot more NR length options. I understand it's probably a bit too late at this point, but I hope Wolverine/Kodiak give it some consideration.
    Nice mock ups. I think one will need a rifle length operating rod to swap in a longer barrel. Barrel will be constrained by 0.750 gas block size though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Maybe they can make a DMR version in a couple years with a rifle length gas system. But I'm sure the aftermarket will pop up very fast for this firearm. I'm chomping at the bit to get my mill and lathe set up in the house I just bought. Still haven't taken possession...machine tools are all lonely sitting in a seacan.
    ***** FREE THE WEST *****

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    That said, I wonder how difficult it would be to have a longer op rod machined.
    Last edited by DaveMachine; 02-07-2018 at 05:19 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thay said, I wonder how difficult it would be to have a longer op rod machined.
    That's what I'll be looking into as soon as I get my hands on one of these. Problem is, with buying the house I have no spare cash to buy one. But I'm sure one of my coworkers will get one in the first batch. Another thing is aftermarket bolts. I don't think I'll try that myself - I'm sure I can machine it but those small-lugged bolts need excellent heat treating. I'm sure someone will start making them available in different case head sizes.

Thay said, I wonder how difficult it would be to have a longer op rod machined.
    Probably not too difficult. If we all back this project and help flood Canada with these I'm sure aftermarket support will create whatever we could possibly dream of.
    Sisu - The will of the Finnish people to overcome against impossible odds.

Ordered my new toy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Put a G36 stock and handguard on it as well as a top rail
    Could also try a top mounted charging handle like the real g36....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    I think a rifle length gas system would be beneficial for those of who want to swap out barrels as it opens up a lot more NR length options. I understand it's probably a bit too late at this point, but I hope Wolverine/Kodiak give it some consideration.
    This is just the beginning and I think most are wanting way too much right off the bat. Give it some time for aftermarket support to catch up. I'm sure after the rifles are on the shelves and on owners hands there will be options available.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

Mr. Wolverine,

Please do not delete the ambi-charging handle design. I pre-ordered a gun with the option for a left or right side charging handle and I'll be pissed if a bunch of internet trolls who didn't even purchase the gun get to decide how this gun is manufactured.

We're not taking these things to Passchendaele, if you want something that is mud-proof, buy an AR!

Rant complete.
    "A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust." - James Madison