Page 64 of 94 FirstFirst ... 445456575859606162636465666768697071727484 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine's WK180-C

BANNED
    Just seen the list of the dealers that will be stocking these......and a ton are now accepting order.......are younsire that there is going to be enough going around for the first order that will be coming out in 12 to 14 weeks? Or are all these dealers just going to be getting the trickle of the 30 to 50 per week after the initial 300?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Don't worry I also like the reversible charging handle, especial as there is no bolt release catch. We will conduct a poll as I am interested to hear everyone's point of view, but I am not bound to make a change due to any poll. The only change that may happen is a lighter profile barrel but I need to conduct some accuracy tests before committing to that. My original concept was for an affordable, lightweight, reliable, utility carbine that owners could easily customise. I am determined not to loose sight of that.
    Since the barrel specs are not locked in yet, is it possible to source them in Chromelined or Nitrided? The reason is for longevity and easy maintenance, and extend barrel life past 10k.
    As for the left side wide opening, perhaps a snap on cover can be developed for guys who want more reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    Just seen the list of the dealers that will be stocking these......and a ton are now accepting order.......are younsire that there is going to be enough going around for the first order that will be coming out in 12 to 14 weeks? Or are all these dealers just going to be getting the trickle of the 30 to 50 per week after the initial 300?
    Certainly the first shipment will not take care of all the orders we have received. The first shipment will be in 12 to 16 weeks, I do not expect to unpack, check serial numbers do random QC checks then repack and ship all 300 over night, this will need to be spread over a few days at least. Basically this shipment, 300 units will cover what we sold in the first five hours. The first shipment is only part of our initial order of 1,000 units, after 16 weeks I expect to receive a shipment every two weeks. I have to work with Kodiak to see what this number will be, as orders have exceeded my wildest expectations. We are coming close to selling our initial order of 1,000 units as I type this. I will have a much better idea of delivery times after I talk with Kodiak next week. We will have to ramp up production to keep up with demand but I am determined that I will not let QC suffer just to speed up deliveries. Once we reach 1,000 units we will only take a $200 deposit. Dealers are already talking of placing repeat orders. We will ship in the same order that we received them in.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cranky Pants's Avatar
    N.S.--Not far from the guy who killed bill C-391
    Looks great, can't wait! Thank you for bringing an affordable black rifle to the market.

You're going to sell a ton of these.
    "You can't fix stupid but you can bury it."
    CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Don't worry I also like the reversible charging handle, especial as there is no bolt release catch. We will conduct a poll as I am interested to hear everyone's point of view, but I am not bound to make a change due to any poll. The only change that may happen is a lighter profile barrel but I need to conduct some accuracy tests before committing to that. My original concept was for an affordable, lightweight, reliable, utility carbine that owners could easily customise. I am determined not to loose sight of that.
    Perfect. Your going in the right direction with it. I’m very sure the aftermarket will follow quickly.

Glad I held off on the T81.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

CGN Regular
    Certainly the first shipment will not take care of all the orders we have received. The first shipment will be in 12 to 16 weeks, I do not expect to unpack, check serial numbers do random QC checks then repack and ship all 300 over night, this will need to be spread over a few days at least. Basically this shipment, 300 units will cover what we sold in the first five hours. The first shipment is only part of our initial order of 1,000 units, after 16 weeks I expect to receive a shipment every two weeks. I have to work with Kodiak to see what this number will be, as orders have exceeded my wildest expectations. We are coming close to selling our initial order of 1,000 units as I type this. I will have a much better idea of delivery times after I talk with Kodiak next week. We will have to ramp up production to keep up with demand but I am determined that I will not let QC suffer just to speed up deliveries. Once we reach 1,000 units we will only take a $200 deposit. Dealers are already talking of placing repeat orders. We will ship in the same order that we received them in.
    So if I read this correctly you are saying the the initial 300 that expected in the 12-16 week timeframe were sold in the first 5 hours or so. Was the including some of the orders put in by dealers or just sales direct from Wolverine? The reason I ask it's the nearly all of the dealer pre orders I have seen posted (including the one I purchased from) state that the rifles we pre ordered are expected to ship in 12-16 or 14-16 weeks which based on above sounds like it is incorrect and we are likely looking at any number of weeks beyond.

I don't have a problem waiting long at all but I would like a realistic timeframe of when an order might show as we have all seen from other recent presales initial estimates tend to get widely understated and delivery times increase exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastxr View Post
    So if I read this correctly you are saying the the initial 300 that expected in the 12-16 week timeframe were sold in the first 5 hours or so. Was the including some of the orders put in by dealers or just sales direct from Wolverine? The reason I ask it's the nearly all of the dealer pre orders I have seen posted (including the one I purchased from) state that the rifles we pre ordered are expected to ship in 12-16 or 14-16 weeks which based on above sounds like it is incorrect and we are likely looking at any number of weeks beyond.

I don't have a problem waiting long at all but I would like a realistic timeframe of when an order might show as we have all seen from other recent presales initial estimates tend to get widely understated and delivery times increase exponentially.
    Things have been happening so fast that I am sure there are going to be some disappointed customers. I have said 12 to 16 weeks but if we have any QC problems I will delay deliveries. If people don,t like it they can have a refund. Dates are our best estimate, nothing more. Steve from Kodiak and myself will be working together to give our customers the fastest possibly delivery but quality will come first. I can,t say any more, please don,t try and pin me down on a delivery date or where your order is in the queue. This has been a dream of mine for over 15 years, I had previously approached 5 manufactures, all laughed at my plans, I am determined this will succeed based on value for money, customer service and a quality product. No one is more excited than me.

BANNED
    Things have been happening so fast that I am sure there are going to be some disappointed customers. I have said 12 to 16 weeks but if we have any QC problems I will delay deliveries. If people don,t like it they can have a refund. Dates are our best estimate, nothing more. Steve from Kodiak and myself will be working together to give our customers the fastest possibly delivery but quality will come first. I can,t say any more, please don,t try and pin me down on a delivery date or where your order is in the queue. This has been a dream of mine for over 15 years, I had previously approached 5 manufactures, all laughed at my plans, I am determined this will succeed based on value for money, customer service and a quality product. No one is more excited than me.
    Those 5 dealers that laughed are you idea are all wishing they would of took you up on your offer now! I can bet my bottom dollar on this! This has blown up CGN and I'm.sure this will make front page of caliber magazine in the next issue or 2 !

CGN Regular
    Thanks for the reply John I am certainly not trying to pin you down to an exact number nor was I trying to insult you I hope it didn't come out that way. I certainly appreciate the work you have put into this and I think we are excited to see this come together. I would also agree that I would much rather wait a few weeks extra for quality then to have something rushed that doesn't work right. My suggestion is perhaps that the dealers selling pre orders may want to amend their time frames a bit to prevent similar results that we have seen elsewhere.

BANNED
    ^^^^^I hear what you are saying as I was thinking the same thing you are.....as the other dealers are saying 12 to 14 weeks for arrival.....bit this is obviously not the case....if you have ordered your rifle from another supporting dealer I could see a month or more wait compared to the first batch that will go out if you ordered directly from wolverine in the first 5 hours this pre sale dropped.....either way I can wait no prob just happy I'll have this in my hands for late spring/early summer