Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ... 5565676869707172737475767778798081828385 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine's WK180-C

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Jan - Feb 2019 at minimum production rate, not sure how much we can improve that but we will certainly be trying.
    Ok thanks for the response!

After seeing 'the other guy's'' offering, I can only see the WK180-C being that much more successful. Can't wait to start seeing some hands on reviews. This has been really impressive so far.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    After seeing 'the other guy's'' offering, I can only see the WK180-C being that much more successful. Can't wait to start seeing some hands on reviews. This has been really impressive so far.
    Agreed.....price point etc...we need more detailed pics and reviews to see!!! If the quality is even close will be hands down winner!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swampcreek View Post
    Agreed.....price point etc...we need more detailed pics and reviews to see!!! If the quality is even close will be hands down winner!
    Two different games. Two different winners.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Two different games. Two different winners.

100%, I got on WK180C first round and will be getting the « other » one as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    After seeing 'the other guy's'' offering, I can only see the WK180-C being that much more successful.....
    There are a couple aspects of "the other guy's" offering that I like over the WK180-C. It is tempting me. I like what I see. But at more than twice the price is it going to be twice as good? I don't think so. For now I'll have to pass.

As to the success of the WK180-C, it's basic economics. There are far (far being an understatement) more people who can drop a grand on the WK180-C than there are people who can drop over 2 g's on the other one.

The "other guy's" are about to get schooled in "economics 101". I do wish them success but they won't be selling 1000 in 75 hours. Guaranteed. Period.

I am glad to have two product offerings but the truth is, at under 1K, Wolverine has accessed the largest part of the market.

Can't wait for my WK180-C to show up.
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 04-02-2018 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Spelling

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    At 2K+, you're almost in the modern varminter and the new NR AR15-type rifles coming out....so why wouldnt i just choose those guys?

The AR-180B was supposed to be the cheaper manufacturing version of an intermediate cartridge rifle, for those who didnt want the space age (at the time) manufacturing style of the AR15. $1400 CAD for an upper alone? $300 barrel and $1100 for what else?

That is a hard PASS for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    There are a couple aspects of "the other guy's" offering that I like over the WK180-C. It is tempting me. I like what I see. But at more than twice the price is it going to be twice as good? I don't think do. For now I'll have to pass.

As to the success of the WK180-C, it's basic economics. There are far (far being an understatement) more people who can drop a grand on the WK180-C than there are people who can drop over 2 g's on the other one.

The "other guy's" are about to get schooled in "economics 101". I do wish them success but they won't be selling 1000 in 75 hours. Guaranteed. Period.

I am glad to have two product offerings but the truth is, at under 1K, Wolverine has access the largest part of the market.

I'm not sure what the two games are. I think / thought the market was looking for what Wolverine is offering.

I seen the 180* developments as affordable NR black rifles. I really love how Wolverine Supplies has been out in the open and answering questions the whole time. I like the aesthetics of the WK180-C better, and I like the other caliber plans etc..

I can't say I like those screwed on the others hand guard or that charging handle / receiver plate. I'm sure it has a market, just not one that I was aware of. Economics 101 or not, I think the WK180-C is what many / most wanted.

As far as the US market, there are plenty of awesome options at the same or lower price point. So I guess I really have no idea of their target audience.

There are a couple aspects of "the other guy's" offering that I like over the WK180-C. It is tempting me. I like what I see. But at more than twice the price is it going to be twice as good? I don't think so. For now I'll have to pass.

I am glad to have two product offerings but the truth is, at under 1K, Wolverine has access the largest part of the market.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    I'm not sure what the two games are. I think / thought the market was looking for what Wolverine is offering.

I seen the 180* developments as affordable NR black rifles. I really love how Wolverine Supplies has been out in the open and answering questions the whole time. I like the aesthetics of the WK180-C better, and I like the other caliber plans etc..

I can't say I like those screwed on the others hand guard or that charging handle / receiver plate. I'm sure it has a market, just not one that I was aware of. Economics 101 or not, I think the WK180-C is what many / most wanted.

As far as the US market, there are plenty of awesome options at the same or lower price point. So I guess I really have no idea of their target audience.
    The two games are the guys that will buy 2 rifles at 1000 bucks each all day.... and the guys that will buy one rifle for 2000 bucks instead.

There is a reason some people will buy an AR15 for $500... and others will spend 6 times that for something else. Same gun, but not the same gun.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Can't wait for my WK180-C to show up.

No. The law of diminishing returns applies. Once you've got something good, e.g. the WK180-C, it typically takes more than twice the input to get a version twice as good. (Here's hoping lots of Gunnutz want, and can afford the big premium for, more or different or better, as they may see it, so availability of the WK180-C coincides sooner with availability of my disposable income - I wasn't in position to jump on the bandwagon right away.)
    Today could be the last day of the rest of your life.