Page 76 of 94 FirstFirst ... 5666686970717273747576777879808182838486 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine's WK180-C

CGN Regular
    So my math sucks, but at an expected starting ship date at 12-16 weeks, are we looking at possibly seeing this may? I pre ordered but dang would may/June be awesome.

CGN Regular
    When was your order placed. Mine was in in the first 24 hours but I do not know if I’m in the top 300. Wolverine has not stated that Kodiak is behind schedule so I’m hoping they are still on schedule for may/June

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    The more I think about it the more I'm glad I went with the WK180-C and didn't hold off until the "other guy's" version was available.

At $995 for the WK180-C it is affordable enough to put a few fancy parts into it and end up with something really nice. And still come out the cheapest of the two.

I have a Maple Ridge Armoury Match Series Stainless Straight Fluted .223 Wylde 1in8 twist barrel with the mid length gas system. Not going to use it for my SLR build anymore so on the 180-C it goes. Also have a Magpul MOE Fixed Carbine stock for it.

Rifle $995
    Barrel $370
    Buttstock $45

Total $1410

Heck, I could even put a nice trigger in it, and still come out hundreds of dollars ahead. I've been looking at the Trigger Tech Competitive 3.5 lb trigger. Nice trigger for $270. And if I don't want to buy that one I have a spare Timney drop in that would work.

The WK180-C has so much potential. A cheap gun to run it as it comes, yet cheap enough that making improvements is still economically feasible.

Yup, I think I made the right choice.

Thanks Wolverine for making this happen. I'm going to have so much fun.

^^ Iam in the same boat as you, going the WK180-C and SLR route. I like the third offering but not as much as to think about getting it. I’ll be changing the barrel on the WK180-c when I get it to a 20 inch stain less steel.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    The more I think about it the more I'm glad I went with the WK180-C and didn't hold off until the "other guy's" version was available.

At $995 for the WK180-C it is affordable enough to put a few fancy parts into it and end up with something really nice. And still come out the cheapest of the two.

I have a Maple Ridge Armoury Match Series Stainless Straight Fluted .223 Wylde 1in8 twist barrel with the mid length gas system. Not going to use it for my SLR build anymore so on the 180-C it goes. Also have a Magpul MOE Fixed Carbine stock for it.

Rifle $995
    Barrel $370
    Buttstock $45

Total $1410

Heck, I could even put a nice trigger in it, and still come out hundreds of dollars ahead. I've been looking at the Trigger Tech Competitive 3.5 lb trigger. Nice trigger for $270. And if I don't want to buy that one I have a spare Timney drop in that would work.

The WK180-C has so much potential. A cheap gun to run it as it comes, yet cheap enough that making improvements is still economically feasible.

Yup, I think I made the right choice.

Thanks Wolverine for making this happen. I'm going to have so much fun.

This is exactly my plan, down to almost the same parts apart from the buttstock! I held off from the initial buy (mostly due to a lack of funds and spending time to try to downsize the personal inventory) but I'll certainly be putting down money later this year.
    The RWA AR-180B is really pretty but god damn, more than 2k without the ability to change the handguard? No thanks, I'd rather support Wolverine and their product mostly because it's incredibly affordable and super modular.
    Hell, the money left over even after upgrading the WK-180 compared to the starting price of the RWA version lets you buy a good 1000 rounds of 5.56 to throw down the pipe. The choice for me is obvious.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tstormt View Post
    ^^ Iam in the same boat as you, going the WK180-C and SLR route. I like the third offering but not as much as to think about getting it. I’ll be changing the barrel on the WK180-c when I get it to a 20 inch stain less steel.
    Just keep in mind that whatever barrel you get must have a mid length gas port location.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    The two games are the guys that will buy 2 rifles at 1000 bucks each all day.... and the guys that will buy one rifle for 2000 bucks instead.

There is a reason some people will buy an AR15 for $500... and others will spend 6 times that for something else. Same gun, but not the same gun.
    Exactly. And depending on the gun, I can be in either group.

There is always lots of talk on CGN about price, some guys go to great lengths to demand "cheap, cheap, cheap" and no doubt inexpensive guns will sell well. But there are plenty of higher priced guns that move too.

It's nice to have such choice these days.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Has the wk180 been confirmed at short stroke piston or mid length piston yet?

Quote Originally Posted by swampcreek View Post
    Has the wk180 been confirmed at short stroke piston or mid length piston yet?
    Our working prototypes were short length gas pistons, I wanted to change to mid length as I felt it would give a more balanced look. On reflection we have decided to stay with the short length gas system but using a mid length hand guard, we are getting good accuracy with this set up, so why change. We may look at mid length or even rifle length gas systems in the future but no promises, this could be 9 or 12 months away.

I did announce that all production guns were going to be mid length gas system, they will not, they will be short. If any one has ordered the WK180-C based on the mid length gas system they can cancel and have a full refund. Given that this change was mine and not as forecast I will, for this occurrence only, not charge the $50 admin fee if anyone wishes to cancel, sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused for some customers.

We still expect that the first orders will be filled in May, not sure what our weekly deliveries will be at this time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Thank you for the update.