Page 29 of 94 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252627282930313233343536373949 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine's WK180-C

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
    I'm surprised bflies hasn't said he would pay $2500 for it yet
    well im not buying one its to cheap.

Have you guys seen issues of bolt carrier tilt causing wear in the upper. I have seen a similar design in the USA using AR-15 barrels and nuts and due to the change in geometry with the gas piston and the BCG there was noticeable wear in the upper receiver after only a thousand rounds. Im excited for a 7.62x39 model

CGN frequent flyer BadLieutenant's Avatar
    Another great news for the Canadian market...... Thanks Wolverine! (2018 sounds like a year to remember)

Now, before I commit in buying one.......I will need to see how this rifle can be authorized by the ATF for temporary import.....

CGN Regular
    One question I have which may be silly or not, I don't know. With the originals the front handgaurd would split into parts two to allow removal or servicing of the gas system. With this system is the gas piston removable from the front through the gas block or will the handgaurd need to be removed for cleaning?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Delete
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
    I'm surprised bflies hasn't said he would pay $2500 for it yet
    I believe there is an option for pimps to pay more. They get a can of gold spray paint thrown in for an extra $1500. It's pretty FN impressive.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Direct competition? No? But a lot of MacDef buyers are buying not because they want a match grade rifle but a NR AR15ish rifle and MacDef is the cheapest way to get that other than SU16 and a few other rifles on the market. Up until recently, NR 223 Semi Auto "tactical" rifle that was decent was $2000+. A lot of MacDef guys jumped on it because they have a lot of accessories and spare parts for ARs and saw the receiver set as a way to use them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I don't see our WK180C as direct competition to the Maccabee Defense, they are offering a matched receiver set that takes all existing AR15 parts that should give match grade performance. I see our WK180-C an economy utility rifle, there is a place for both.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Wow you have lot's of questions, let me work through them

Firstly we explained delivery and FRT in detail in the opening press release, we are keeping this as transparent as possible.
    You can have a full refund at any time , less a $50 admin charge.
    If you get stopped on the highway with a WK180-C, you have a firearm that is not prohibited, is semi auto only with a barrel over 18.5 inches and a OA length over 26 inches. I believe any LE Officer can seize any firearm and send it to their experts for identification, checking barrel length etc. How many LE Officers know how to correctly measure a barrel? I saw a member even ask that question on CGN today.What use would an FRT be? you may have cut the barrel back so she would be prohibited. Everyone needs to understand that the FRT is not Law.
    No the RCMP can not make a stink and make it prohibited or restricted out of spite, the RCMP is an honourable Force, this is not Nazi Germany.
    The CZ 858 "Debacle" was totally different to this case.
    As I said you are welcome to a refund.

Please feel free to ask any more questions if things are still unclear.
    Sorry but I have been a gun owner for close to 25 years and if I am having difficulty with this FRT thing then newbies will too. I have a friend that just got his license and he is asking as he doesn't understand. I am trying to explain but I guess I am not as clear why the FRT # is not important when all other firearms I have gotten have one and SFRC prints out the one for the BCL102 and includes it when shipped. Maybe I am stupid, but I though every firearm model had to have an FRT number. Will this one eventually have an FRT number and a clear classification of it's status before we have them in our hand?
    Last edited by ljones; 02-05-2018 at 08:09 PM.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    well im not buying one its to cheap.
    Haha the biggest gun snob on internet....

Interesting rifle, but I feel it misses out on a couple of the truly great things the ar180b had going for it.

1. On the 180b, the flash hider is machined into the barrel, instead of being threaded for one to be added on. This allows you to have a shorter OAL. Made the 180b a bit more like a 16” barrwl with 2.6” flash hider, versus this 18.7” barrel with another 2” of flash hider added on top.
    2. Medium profile barrel: I think this is a mistake in a gun like this. A lot of the balance issues associated with these long barreled NR rifles comes from a heavy barrel. The original pencil profile of the 180b helped mitigate the front heavy aspect
    3. The handguard length. I know looks are subjective, but I feel like many NR guns look silly with a short rail and long barrel. Why not a 12” rail system? Especially if it’s a lightweight mlok design!
    Like I said, cool rifle but I think I may hold out hopes for a future version with some of these changes.