Page 33 of 94 FirstFirst ... 132325262728293031323334353637383940414353 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine's WK180-C

Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    Ok so when I get stopped in the bush shooting this on crown land.....and I tell the police that it's NR ...... and they tell me "your under arrest for shooting a restricted AR15" where is my backing stating that this is indeed NON RESTRICTED?
    What exact "backing" is it that you are seeking? A note from your Mother will mean just as much as an FRT entry to any cop stupid enough to insist that the clearly-marked WK-180 is indeed an AR15. At that point, all you can do is comply with lawful commands from the ignorant officer, until such time as common sense comes to rule the situation. Aside from well-intentioned but willfully ignorant peace officers, your WK-180 sojourns in the woods ought to go completely unmolested.
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    I'm really not sure to articulate the law as you state.....I just wanna get out a Fvcking shoot....and hate having to worry about what the RCMP think is this and that....hate having that hanging over my shoulders when I know I'm doing absolutely nothing wrong......you say point to the frt to point...which i totally understand.....but this one has none....nonetheless will think about this over the weekend if they haven't sold out.....just hope this isn't a flop
    I say point to the frt that lists the armalite 180b and nodak nds18s as NR and as not being AR15 variants... and draw the dots for them how this isn't an AR15.

Little secret... most front line cops don't know what the frt is... or what a print out of a page from the frt is supposed to be.

So having one or not, or having a page or not... likely won't help if the cop is looking to take the gun for someone else to tell him what it is... whether it is this gun or any other gun.

Go big... order up...
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Certainly I will take a close look in the morning. I would be interested in more facts about this or is it just Internet talk?
    Take it how you want. It was a real issue on the upper in design that I looked at and it appears to be designed very similar to your rifle. I don't know how much your piston has been raised over the original vs the one I saw. I was privy to looking at while its in the design stage as well and I have no authority to pass on any more information about it. Hopefully it is not an issue on your gun. Also is it possible to use some kind of polymer "whipes" at the back of the receiver like on the SIG 55X rifles to prevent dirt ingress into the receiver? (with a modified charging handle )... the sig rubber or polymer ones last forever. I suggested that to the other guys and they were looking into it but I have never heard back.
    Last edited by gutinater; 02-05-2018 at 08:51 PM.

So, I have a couple questions since I think you guys just managed to make me switch from Macdef (at least from another upper) to this one! Because the price is just too damn good to pass up. My questions are mostly concerning weight. I know that the full rifle is 7.25 lbs, but:

- How much does the stock barrel weigh? I just got my SJ Hardware dimpled barrel in for my SLR and I think I'll transfer it to this one instead since it has a mid-length gas system and is 18.6". Just want to make sure that it's not pointless to do so if the barrel weights aren't too different.
    - How much does the stock handguard weigh? I was hoping to change it out to a really lightweight option since a lot of standard handguards just add too much weight to the rifle. And again, if it's like under 10 oz with the barrel nut, changing it out for something else would be silly.
    - What's the length when measuring from the end of the handguard to the tip of the piston gas regulator? I was hoping to install a lightweight handguard that just allows for enough space to play with the gas system without removing the handguard if you want to maintain it.

Man I can't wait to see this show up at my house in a few months!
    Last edited by Fisselig; 02-05-2018 at 08:53 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    What exact "backing" is it that you are seeking? A note from your Mother will mean just as much as an FRT entry to any cop stupid enough to insist that the clearly-marked WK-180 is indeed an AR15. At that point, all you can do is comply with lawful commands from the ignorant officer, until such time as common sense comes to rule the situation. Aside from well-intentioned but willfully ignorant peace officers, your WK-180 sojourns in the woods ought to go completely unmolested.
    Thanks man I hear what you saying....I appplogize in advance for my newbie questions and some of my misunderstandings....can't want to get this In my hands!...damn credit card is tapping out big time lately!

I'm really not sure to articulate the law as you state.....I just wanna get out a Fvcking shoot....and hate having to worry about what the RCMP think is this and that....hate having that hanging over my shoulders when I know I'm doing absolutely nothing wrong......you say point to the frt to point...which i totally understand.....but this one has none....nonetheless will think about this over the weekend if they haven't sold out.....just hope this isn't a flop
    You're very worried zero feedback guy!!!!

Lol, they'll be sold out by sundown !
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

By now our first shipment of 300 is sold out, or should be very close to. (I have my feet up in front of the wood stove trying to digest a great supper.) Steve (Kodiak Defence) called me today and we discussed future production plans, after we receive the first 300 units our best estimate at this time, is 20 to 50 units per week. We will be making every effert to make the WK180-C a stock item, although I suspect that orders may often exceed demand.

Thank you all for a great day, I have waited many years for this.

Thanks for making this happen Wolverine! I can't wait to buy one of these rifles!
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by oddball_ted View Post
    You're very worried zero feedback guy!!!!

Lol, they'll be sold out by sundown !
    You should of seen my feedback years ago before my account was compromised and as you know cgn can't transfer feedback ratings

Anyways thanks wolverine and everyone for the great questions and responses

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Re read what you just wrote...

The firearms act sets out what is NR, R, and Prohib. There are definitions there that the rcmp have to work with. And are limited by. Has been that was since the FA was written.

What you saying means the frt will have to be published before sale. Not change how they come to an opinion.

Which means a manufacture... right now... doesn't need to wait for the frt and if your rumour is true... the libs realize it.
    Fair enough. Just trying to wrap my head around how it works and for clarification for the newbs since that is also who this is model is marketed towards.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...