Page 77 of 94 FirstFirst ... 5767697071727374757677787980818283848587 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine's WK180-C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Our working prototypes were short length gas pistons, I wanted to change to mid length as I felt it would give a more balanced look. On reflection we have decided to stay with the short length gas system but using a mid length hand guard, we are getting good accuracy with this set up, so why change. We may look at mid length or even rifle length gas systems in the future but no promises, this could be 9 or 12 months away.

I did announce that all production guns were going to be mid length gas system, they will not, they will be short. If any one has ordered the WK180-C based on the mid length gas system they can cancel and have a full refund. Given that this change was mine and not as forecast I will, for this occurrence only, not charge the $50 admin fee if anyone wishes to cancel, sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused for some customers.

We still expect that the first orders will be filled in May, not sure what our weekly deliveries will be at this time.
    Anyone who wants to walk away based on gas system length would seriously make me scratch my head, but any event if they got in early they would be better off auctioning off their spot in the queue rather than calling in for a refund...
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Thank you!

I really do not know what the difference would be but will think that whatever Wolverine does is fine with me

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    I did announce that all production guns were going to be mid length gas system, they will not, they will be short.
    Short being what is regularly called 'carbine' length? It does not really matter to me now but for future accessories.....

I placed my pre-order through Wanstall's as soon as you announced this rifle. Would they be included in the first batch or are those initial rifles the pre-order's through your shop only?
    Am hoping the early dealer pre-orders are included in the first batch
    Last edited by Paul_T; 04-02-2018 at 03:59 PM.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Our working prototypes were short length gas pistons, I wanted to change to mid length as I felt it would give a more balanced look. On reflection we have decided to stay with the short length gas system but using a mid length hand guard, we are getting good accuracy with this set up, so why change. We may look at mid length or even rifle length gas systems in the future but no promises, this could be 9 or 12 months away.

I did announce that all production guns were going to be mid length gas system, they will not, they will be short. If any one has ordered the WK180-C based on the mid length gas system they can cancel and have a full refund. Given that this change was mine and not as forecast I will, for this occurrence only, not charge the $50 admin fee if anyone wishes to cancel, sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused for some customers.

We still expect that the first orders will be filled in May, not sure what our weekly deliveries will be at this time.
    I'm kinda disappointed to hear you are sticking with the short system. I did order this after specifically asking questions about gas system length, barrel compatibility and gas block attachment method. Based on the confirmation of change to a mid length gas system I placed my order.

I have a beautiful barrel sitting here that I thought would be the perfect upgrade. No I didn't go out and buy it for this. I had it here already so I thought based on your claim to change to a mid length system that it would work for me. I was really looking forward to upgrading this rifle.

Am I disappointed? You bet. But I'd have to be crazy to cancel my order due to this. I still want it.

Perhaps in the future if you decide to offer this rifle with a longer gas system you could make the parts available so I can upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I'm kinda disappointed to hear you are sticking with the short system. I did order this after specifically asking questions about gas system length, barrel compatibility and gas block attachment method. Based on the confirmation of change to a mid length gas system I placed my order.

I have a beautiful barrel sitting here that I thought would be the perfect upgrade. No I didn't go out and buy it for this. I had it here already so I thought based on your claim to change to a mid length system that it would work for me. I was really looking forward to upgrading this rifle.

Am I disappointed? You bet. But I'd have to be crazy to cancel my order due to this. I still want it.

Perhaps in the future if you decide to offer this rifle with a longer gas system you could make the parts available so I can upgrade?
    I most certainly will, I was thinking of you when I wrote this post, drop me an e-mail so I can file your requirement.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quicknick View Post
    The video appears to show the shooters firing TEN, not five, rounds from each magazine. That wouldn't be legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    Short being what is regularly called 'carbine' length?

I placed my pre-order through Wanstall's as soon as you announced this rifle. Would they be included in the first batch or are those initial rifles the pre-order's through your shop only?
    Let me assure you that all orders, both dealer and retail, will be handled in the order they were received. Our initial order to Kodiak was bumped up to 500 but obviously we will not wait until 500 are sitting in their warehouse, we plan on taking weekly shipments of however many are produced each week. The first ten are tagged for Wolverine so we have a built in "fudge factor", a few spares, the odd rifle to send out for reviews etc.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Let me assure you that all orders, both dealer and retail, will be handled in the order they were received. Our initial order to Kodiak was bumped up to 500 but obviously we will not wait until 500 are sitting in their warehouse, we plan on taking weekly shipments of however many are produced each week. The first ten are tagged for Wolverine so we have a built in "fudge factor", a few spares, the odd rifle to send out for reviews etc.
    No worries John, thanks. Snow is now leaving the bush so getting antsy May cannot come soon enough.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN Regular

This is awesome. We can have the battle of the 180s in June. I can't wait to see comparison reviews this is turning out to be a great year for non restricted platforms.
    Thank you.