Page 17 of 94 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine's WK180-C

Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    Thanks for the extra info.

With the move to a longer gas system any chance the forend will be longer too?

I'm a big guy with long arms so a longer forend sure would be appreciated.

Thanks for making this a reality. At this price point I can afford a couple rifles for my family instead of one $3,000+ rifle...
    Exactly, a mid length gas system with a hand guard that extended to the front of the gas block will improve the rifle balance and handling.

Congrats on making this a reality. Gun enthusiasts have been asking for this for quite some time. Way to go Wolverine, and thank you

I'm glad to hear this, balance is often more important than over all weight. Where does the balance currently sit on the prototype?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Exactly, a mid length gas system with a hand guard that extended to the front of the gas block will improve the rifle balance and handling.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Quick question about the barrel.

You say it takes standard AR15 type barrels so does that mean I would be able to purchase an off the shelf AR15 barrel and install it on this gun without having to make any modifications?

Is there any difference on the barrel in the location or size of where the gas block installs? If it's standard what diameter would it be (.750?), also which gas length (mid or rifle length?).

Thanks
    Our intent is to use a standard AR15 barrel with the mid length gas system, .750.

Mr. Wolverine thank you so much for doing this! It is awesome you can offer a Canadian made 'black rifle' that is NR for $1000.

I just read all 17 pages. A couple of questions.

1. I see that it does not take standard AR15 bolts. Will other bolts be available in the future? Specifically the 6.5 Grendel, 7.62x39 & the 6.8spc (.224 Valkyrie)?

2. Will it take standard mid length AR15 barrels? What is the Gas Block diameter? 0.750?

Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    Thank you for the clear reply..
    Darn. This changes my plans. Will have to wait for the x39 version i guess.
    Please offer it with a stanag pattern lower, as an option, vs ak or some other giant magazine with no capacity. Pretty please, With sugar on top.
    You could just mix and match lowers later.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Were the shooting videos even the 180c?
    I can assure you that both videos were the WK180-C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    What kind of groups at 100 yards and what is the best bullet weight for 1-8" ? Need to know if it'll be used on coyotes.

Fantastic!! Slap on a good stock. Bipod and some glass and I can finally have a great varmint gun!
    You can use a rifle as a doorjamb or paperweight, but that's not what it's designed for. It's not what the rifle, in its soul, longs to do.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Our intent is to use a standard AR15 barrel with the mid length gas system, .750.
    AWESOME!!!!! I already have a spare quality 18.6" mid length gas system, .750 gas block size barrel sitting and ready to go.

Thanks for replying to my question. You just convinced me to place the order.