Page 12 of 102 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Quote Originally Posted by lawn gnome View Post
    Not a fan of the AR telescoping stock.
    If you take off the buffer tube stock adaptor, part#24 on the manual, does the Stormwerkz adaptor fit right on?
    In other words, same dimensions as the AR180B?
    I believe it should do although I have not tried it.

Loosen the castle nut at the end of the buffer tube and screw off the current stock, buffer tube, and end plate. Replace with an A2 stock kit. You don't need the buffer or spring but you do need the stock, rifle length receiver tube, screw and butt stock spacer. Easiest to buy the kit and not use the buffer and spring that way can always move to an AR if wanted. Took me less than 5 mins.

Unfortunately this thread is now full of speculation and third hand reports so it is all but impossible to answer them accurately. Rest assured any owner who contacts us with a problem will be looked after. I will answer a few general points that have been brought up.

Magazine feeding issues. Yesterday I test fired 25 rifles with a minimum of 10 rds each. Five from a 5/30 Hera mag as we supply with the rifle and five from a old 10 rd C Products mag that I have had for years. I had one failure to feed, one rd went nose high. This does not indicate to me that there is a mag feeding problem. This is not to say that maybe there will be the odd rifle that has a problem, in which case we will take care of her on a case by case basis. These rifles were all fitted with the new modified bolt catch which worked 100% correctly. This test firing is what I personally carried out here at Wolverine and was after Kodiak's test firing.

Hand guard clearance, there is a clearance, but not as much as I had intended. We are looking into ways of improving this. The WK180-C with her light weight barrel is proving that she is capable of sub MOA 3 rd groups under the right conditions, I find this excellent performance, and this is with the minimum hand guard clearance.

It certainly shows that blue lock tite was put on at least one set of hand guard screws, this was not intended. If you suspect your screws have lock tite warm them first, a hair dryer will probably do the trick. If you need new replacement screws please advise and we will mail you some.

Weak extractor spring, not sure how that one slipped through, not picked up in assembly and was sufficient to pass the test firing, replacement already mailed.

BANNED
    This is why I have no worries.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    I have no worries. I know there can be some teething issues with a new product. I have had past dealings with Wolverine with my XCR-L and they made it right and the XCR is running flawlessly so not too concerned about this just to clarify. Any issues will be dealt with I am sure.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    This is why I have no worries.
    Same here, confident that Wolverine will solve any issues and stand behind their products 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by nevrvetr View Post
    As far as the handguard portion of this statement goes, are there any plans to adapt the...gas block(I think?) to accommodate more AR- based handguards/ to allow more space from the production handguard? I understand that with the height of the gas block as-is ( around 1.7-something) the list of handguards that will fit is EXTREMELY limited, down to basically suppressor use-based handguards (seeing as regular AR handguards are 1.3 or so?). Which sucks, seeing as I can't leave anything alone when it comes to mods...

I recognize that .4 is quite a lot to ask... but 30-40 thou, and I could at least have a couple more options...
    There are no plans to make any major changes at this time. We never claimed that all AR15 type hand guards would fit, the gas block is what it is. Priority is to fill existing back orders before we consider if any major design changes are desirable. I would like to receive a lot more FIRST HAND customer feed back first.

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post

Loosen the castle nut at the end of the buffer tube and screw off the current stock, buffer tube, and end plate. Replace with an A2 stock kit. You don't need the buffer or spring but you do need the stock, rifle length receiver tube, screw and butt stock spacer. Easiest to buy the kit and not use the buffer and spring that way can always move to an AR if wanted. Took me less than 5 mins.
    looks awesome........is the front sight on backwards?
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

I think this would look sweet with a Galil folder. Any chance of making an adapter and/or a similar stock?

Last edited by BCreserveMP; 08-05-2018 at 11:13 PM.

BANNED
    Hey wolverine, I saw they mentioned in the code of arms video that there is a planned folder in the works from Kodiac. I realize it's early, but is there any idea of when these may go into production? If it is still in the planning stage I personally think an ace skeleton stock style would be ideal for me personally.