Page 28 of 102 FirstFirst ... 81820212223242526272829303132333435363848 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by highbeam View Post
    It is possible to over insert metal mags on mine. That may be some people’s issue.
    We found only one type of magazine could be over inserted ( with relative ease ).... bare with me as I cannot for the life of me remember....

** EDIT ** it was the old style C-product with not only the bottom lip, but top lip at the actual mag catch that can easily be over inserted, not only in the WK but any AR really...
    Last edited by Wolverine .303; 12-19-2018 at 06:40 PM.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by swissey View Post
    Was shooting mine just yesterday with metal mags and no issues at all.
    Great to hear. Thanks
    ==========
    CCFR Member

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    Okay, so the newest production rifles are chambered in 5.56Nato. My rifle arrived a couple of days ago, from Frontier, so I assume it would be part of that latest production. Try as I may, I simply cannot find the chambering marked on it anywhere. Just old eyes? Where the heck is that info on the rifle?

So far (about 200 rounds in...) that is my only "problem". Gas block seems not to be in contact with the barrel, function is close to 100% (1 FTFeed so far).

Of course, the trigger...ah, the trigger...but for the money I didn't expect much in that regard.
    What do you mean by gas block not in contact with the barrel? Is it loose? If so you should contact KD, as it may eventually lead to piston rod misalignment and a broken piston rod in my case. Luckily KD took care of it for me very smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by diegocn View Post
    What do you mean by gas block not in contact with the barrel? Is it loose? If so you should contact KD, as it may eventually lead to piston rod misalignment and a broken piston rod in my case. Luckily KD took care of it for me very smoothly.
    Holy crap, I must have been drunk when I wrote that post. Not only did I invent a new chambering (.223Nato), but now this^!

What I meant was that the gas block was not making contact with the handguard; I mentioned it only because I had seen a few others commenting on theirs. I'm going to correct that as well in my post.

My Spell-Check seems to work fine; now I need to find a Stupid-Check before posting again. But I still like the WK180!
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

CGN Regular
    Hey having issue with my gas block. It seems loose and will not extract or chamber a round. Who do I contact to get this fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by 6ohmoney View Post
    Hey having issue with my gas block. It seems loose and will not extract or chamber a round. Who do I contact to get this fixed?

Contact Kodiak.
    service@kodiakdefence.com

May be a dumb question, but is the magnet for the charging handle supposed to be attached to the bolt carrier or to the handle itself? My Wk just arrived today and I thought it odd that there's a small magnet on the left side of the bolt carrier, but nothing on the left. i would have though this would have been part of the charging handle, or have magnet on both sides.

- On closer inspection, looks like the tiny magnet isn't actually attached to anything on mine, just stuck to the bolt carrier. Guess I will have to check with Kodiak! Otherwise, everything looks very well put together.
    Last edited by robandkara; 12-24-2018 at 06:47 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robandkara View Post

- On closer inspection, looks like the tiny magnet isn't actually attached to anything on mine, just stuck to the bolt carrier. Guess I will have to check with Kodiak! Otherwise, everything looks very well put together.
    Check the end of the handle, can you see a couple of straight punch marks indicating it was staked?
    The magnet is staked onto the charge handle on mine.

John Hipwell has reported that loctite will fix it if it comes off - some early rifles the magnet was press fit (although mine is a very early rifle it is still staked). Contact Kodiak.
    FWIW I would use red loctite.
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...1#post15136003
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN Regular
    By the time I get mine, all the kinks will be worked out..... It should be the 1911 of rifles by then...

There are stake marks there, but the magnet goes in and out of it's home without resistance. I'll fire an email off to Kodiak, see what they have to say. Definitely room for improvement on the charge handle, like maybe a bigger magnet, and a rubber buffer in the back pocket of the lower to take the bit of play out, but otherwise I'm impressed with build quality.