Page 36 of 102 FirstFirst ... 162628293031323334353637383940414243444656 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-C technical questions & answers only

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tobaman45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freetard View Post
    So my wk180 nearly chambered a piece of it’s piston today. The last 3” of the piston broke off, fell onto the feed ramp and tried to race the next round into the chamber, they both got stuck. I have less then 100 rounds they the gun, has anyone els broken there piston rod?
    wow that really sucks, I have close to 700 rounds through mine and had chamber and mag issues but not this

Quote Originally Posted by tobaman45 View Post
    wow that really sucks, I have close to 700 rounds through mine and had chamber and mag issues but not this
    Yeah so far it’s worked with every magazine I tried, and every type of ammo I sampled. With no issues.

CGN Regular
    Yeah so far it’s worked with every magazine I tried, and every type of ammo I sampled. With no issues.
    holy cow. thats some kind of wild failure.
    ==========
    CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    That is NOT GOOD.. more QC issues starting to come up..And its not shooting season yet

So my wk180 nearly chambered a piece of it’s piston today. The last 3” of the piston broke off, fell onto the feed ramp and tried to race the next round into the chamber, they both got stuck. I have less then 100 rounds they the gun, has anyone els broken there piston rod?
    Holy crap! That is what you call a major failure! At least it is still under warranty, but that should not happen with a brand new gun. Let us know what Kodiak has to say about it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    One of my WK180-S's has over 600 through it now. Other than the odd metal mag not feeding and the chamber needing re reamed I've had no issues. It runs 100% so far.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Please contact Kodiak defence at Service@kodiakdefence.com and they will get you sorted out. I have never heard of a piston failing and over 1000 rifles sold. I tested one rifle myself to over 5,000 rds, I totally abused her by getting her badly over heated on several occasions and never had a problem.

I do not see this as a QC problem, all rifles are test fired by Kodiak before shipping, it is a fact of life that sometimes things simply break, but please contact Kodiak ASAP so they can check pistons in stock.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer migrant hunter's Avatar
    Still waiting to hear about the .300 BO barrel conversion. I asked on here if it was doable and told that it was. Is that still the case? My rifle was one of the first to come into Wolverine and I'm still waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiakDefence View Post
    Hi all,

As always, we are thrilled to remedy anything that goes wrong with the WK180C such as this. Thanks to Freetard for getting a hold of us by email; we look forward to receiving his rifle. However, a small correction to Mr Wolverine's post is necessary: While very uncommon, this is not the first broken piston we have encountered. We have repaired at least three other rifles with the same issue. In those cases, there was a fault during the pinning of the gasblock which left a wobble. Though we do test fire each rifle during the assembly process, the issue is not apparent with a limited number of rounds. We have taken steps to mitigate this issue and, as Mr Wolverine said, we encourage anyone encountering this issue to contact us at Service@KodiakDefence.com for remedy.

Happy shooting,

The Kodiak Defence Team
    Is there any way to check for this wobble?